Author Topic: Baltic Birch On Sale...  (Read 1161 times)

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
Baltic Birch On Sale...
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:09:49 am »
at WoodCraft. Their BB Scroll saw pack is on sale for $14.88. Such a deal!

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2004251/9016/Baltic-Birch-Scroll-Saw-Pack.aspx?refcode=10INAFFG#Reviews

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Baltic Birch On Sale...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:10:04 am »
Thanks Bob.
Dan In Southern California

CNLNC

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:22:35 am »
Thanks Bob, looks like a good deal.

Tako Kichi

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:07:45 pm »
Thanks for the link. I see they ship to Canada too...BONUS!!!

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:31 pm »
Hi

When they ship to Canada, Woodcraft uses Border Free.  Pretty neat service but it does cost you the HST and there maybe duties if not make in USA or from certain countries plus $6. over normal rates.

I have used it in the past and it is just like using Canada Post.

I am not sure what they do now the Canadian Dollar is at 1.05 but I am sure there is some benefit.

Don

Tako Kichi

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »
When they ship to Canada, Woodcraft uses Border Free.  Pretty neat service but it does cost you the HST and there maybe duties if not make in USA or from certain countries plus $6. over normal rates.
I would have to pay the HST if I bought it locally anyway so I don't see that as a big issue. The nice thing is they use the US Postal Service and not UPS or Fedex as they are the biggest licensed bandits out there when it comes to cross-border shipments.

I refuse to buy anything from the US unless it is shipped via US Mail. Via mail Canada Post charges a flat $5 fee for customs fees (plus any duties incurred) and many times I get parcels where they don't charge anything at all. On the other hand both UPS and Fedex charge $25+ for brokerage fees regardless of the value of the item. I had a friend who ordered a sub $10 item from the USA and got a $30 bill from UPS when they delivered it!

SMF

Teknoromi