Author Topic: Rockler...Magnifier/light, LED!  (Read 1190 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Rockler...Magnifier/light, LED!
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:51:43 am »
Got an email flyer from Rockler for 20% off one item and was looking at their fancy magnifier/light.
Even with 20% off and free shipping it is $48!!!

Anybody out there use this light? Comments?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

daneklund

Re: Rockler...Magnifier/light, LED!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:33:49 am »
Hi GB.  I purchased that unit from Rockler about 2 years ago.  They did a recall on it for the built in charger about a year ago.  Rockler shipped me a new one and it has been great.  The LED lights around the magnifier do not put out as much light as I would like for cutting, but my Eclipse has a built in light plus I use one of the flourescent units off to one side so the lighting is good.  Because of the way that the Eclipse saw is built it is hard to get a magnifier positioned close enough to where you need it, but because this one has a long flexible mount it works very well.  I would recommend the unit.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: Rockler...Magnifier/light, LED!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:28:16 pm »
GB,  Like Eclipsescroller I bought one a little over a year ago.  Then when they had the recal I opted to get my money back instead of a replacement.  The unit was pretty nice, but the light from a round flourescent is brighter and the lens is a little bigger in diameter.  I had an ocassional problem with breaking the bulb on the flourescent when the was a blade breakage, so I just cut a doughnut out of acrylic and mounted it under the bulb as a protective barrier.  Bottom line: I liked the Rockler, but prefer the flourescent.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi