Author Topic: Understanding Contour tool in Corel Draw  (Read 662 times)

no1texan

Understanding Contour tool in Corel Draw
« on: October 30, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »
I have watched Steve's video about using Corel Draw to create pattern for a heart box...watched it many, many times, repeating in particular the part of using the Contour tool. I think I have a mental block because I am simply not getting it. I understand selecting the Basic Shape tool, drawing the Perfect heart shape, making copies for the top and bottom of the box and putting them aside. I understand selecting the Contour tool, selecting the inside in the properties bar, 1 step and offset .25. On the screen the heart shape then shows the heart shape inside the original heart shape. So to this point I follow and pretty much understand. But from here forward, I am lost in following the steps and most importantly, I don't understand or get the concept. I can't visualize in my mind what is happening on the Corel Draw screen. I first watched this video in spring 2014 and now over a year later, I still don't get it.
 :(

no1texan

Re: Understanding Contour tool in Corel Draw
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 05:20:16 am »
There is another video by Steve about the same topic, Scroll Saw Heart Box Part 1, that for me is clearer. So I am okay with the contour tool now, thanks to Steve for the second video.

SMF

Teknoromi