Author Topic: Acrylic Lacquer  (Read 729 times)

Rightarm

Acrylic Lacquer
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »
     Finishing up 6 Firefighter mini-clocks for the THFD Charity Golf Outing, coming up this Friday. I used walnut, then applied lemon oil. I use Dupli-Color spray on Acrylic Lacquer for the finish. I have noticed that after I spray this on, there is what I would call small cob-webs on the wood. I can use my air compressor, and a old tee-shirt to remove them. I was wondering, after they dry overnight. Do you folks think I could use a spray furniture polish on the rag to remove them a little bit easier, without hurting the finish? I'm so close to being done, and I'm running out of time to screw these up! Thanks, Dave

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Acrylic Lacquer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
Dave...I think I would just try to buff them with some 'microfiber cloth' and see how that works before adding anything else to the finish.
Just a guess!
Maybe one of our 'finishing' experts can be more helpful!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:06:01 pm »
I get those webs too, usually when it is really humid.  I use a lint free rag and liquid gold to remove em and touch any scratches I may have caused removing them.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Rightarm

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43:44 pm »
    Thanks guys. Dunk now that you mentioned being humid. It was raining here in Terre Haute when I shot them. Thanks, Dave

SMF

Teknoromi