Author Topic: Branding Irons....  (Read 2750 times)

northie66

Re: Branding Irons....
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 09:54:32 pm »
Good ideas Becky & Pat!

Becky

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 01:06:05 am »
Thanks for the info, Pat.  It just seemed like the obvious place to go for a stamp.  It's self-inking so I am stuck with what I have for now.  I can live with it for a while for sure. 

I don't sell my stuff - mostly give it away as gifts and I didn't have any real idea of what to make it say anyway.  It just says "Handcrafted by" on the top line and then my name on the bottom line.  It's definitely a step up from writing my initials by hand with a Sharpie anyway.   :)

It would still be better with ink that didn't run.  And I would like to be able to use different colors of ink for different colors of wood.  Black works for many but would disappear on walnut.  Do you have a link handy for a good online stamp maker?

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
Try www.paperangel.com
They have different designs. It is not self-inking. The ink pad is StazOn Jet Black. Am guessing they have different colors. My rubber stamping card making friend brought me the ink from her stamping and scrapbook friend's store. You may have to find one of those, or am sure you could find that online. If you want, I can get more info from her later today.
Pat B
Here is mine; picture came out too light.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:35:44 am by mainberg »

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 10:15:43 am »
Tha looks great!  I tried a stamp years ago, but the ink would bleed all over the place when I used a finish over it.  I'll look for a non-bleeding ink pad.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

northie66

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »
I WANT A STAMP!!!   :'( :'( :'( :'(

SMF

Teknoromi