Author Topic: 2 new scroll saws!!  (Read 1631 times)

Dawie

2 new scroll saws!!
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:03:16 am »
At last the activity centre where I go to has decided to buy two new scroll saws, after the old one started giving up about 6 months ago. So if all went well they will be delivered today and when I go there on thursday I will have a new toy to play with. I was told that they will wait till thursday to install seeing that I do most of the scrolling around there they are giving me the honor of using them first. I know they are Proxxon. Will let you know later this week how things are going.
David

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: 2 new scroll saws!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:42:33 am »
The activity center.  Something like our senior centers here?  Good luck with the new toy.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 12:25:13 pm »
I suppose you could draw that comparision dunk. It's a centre I and others go to who suffer from brain trauma due to a stroke or other accident. It's a social place and there are all kinds of activities you can do, from woodwork till cooking. There is no pressure and no deadlines we do sale stuff and take orders but always tell the client we do not fix a date for when it will be delivered can take a week but can also take 6 months, depending on howmany people work on it and how things go.
David.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 12:34:08 pm »
Sounds like a wonderful community atmosphere.  Happy you have some where like that to go.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 01:09:27 pm »
Ye dunk it's a real great place to be go there 2 days a week. Mondays and Thursdays.
David.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:52:38 am »
Hi David,

Thats a very personal issue you shared here with us.
Didn't know you have brain trauma.
I had a great respect for you riding the ROR, but knowing this, RESPECT!!
good that these centers exist.

do you have any possibility to scroll at home to, or is it only at the activity center?

Marcel
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Dawie

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:00:28 am »
Hi Marcellarius,

I have a Proxxon DSH/E at home. Once I got hooked at the centre I saved up and bought it. I have had it for about 18 months now and I love it. My nephew calls my hobby room"atelier de houtworm"
(woodworm studio) and me a woodworm for that matter. I find that scrolling relaxes me and it has giving me back a feeling of worth which was gone after I had to stop my job and volanteer work. It's such a great hobby and I am very glad we have this forum. Have a super day.
David

northie66

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »
That's funny!  My MIL used to call me Geppetto.

Dawie

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 01:13:43 am »
Janet had to think a while and then the penny dropped. Have you made pinoccio yet ;)?
David

northie66

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »
No... hubby would get jealous.   ;)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 07:11:24 pm »
Hey Janet, Isn't Hubby jealous of B.O.B.?
Dan In Southern California

northie66

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:13:47 pm »
 :o

SMF

Teknoromi