Author Topic: My own product review The Oscillating Edge/belt Spindle Sander made by Rigid  (Read 1258 times)

Charlie Dearing

I've been wanting something somewhat affordable to sand with and for bowls, etc.  I tried round sanders, but ya still have to be able to uniformly sand with it.  I also couldn't get the bulb inflated easily.  Anyway.  I managed to raise the money for this product and I am very pleased with it.  I was very surprised at how quiet this thing is!  VERY low hum.  I have only used the spindle option so far and I love that the table tilts.  I had previously thought that the tilting table was only an option of the much bigger priced oscillating spindle sanders out there.  In my opinion it's a wonderful tool and I highly recommend it.  Take in mind I have only used the spindle option though so I cannot speak of it's belt sanding abilities.  The belt sanding setup does come included though.  It is only 40 pounds so it's not impossible to move if needed.  Take in mind I live in an apartment so I don't have a bench to fasten it to (which it is set up to do)..so I use it on the floor lol.  I love this product!

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg8/R-100061671/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

thumbs

thanks for the review Charlie--I was looking at the sander the last time I was at HD--I might check it out better --Richard aka thumbs

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
Thanks Charlie. I looked at that machine. I will watch it for a sale now. It would be very handy for me. Thanks again

Offline julief

• View Profile
I've had the ridgid belt/spindle sander for 3 or 4 years.  Love it!  I use the belt often and can tell you it does exactly what I need it to do.  I use it for angles on boxes and bevels on a variety of projects.  It's a must have for the shop.

Tim2beupinAz

I have to agree this is a great sander. I have this sander as well and use the belt more than the spindle. The tilting table is great and comes in very handy. I have had this sander for about 1.5 years and have only had the little plastic piece that sits on the bottom of the belt break. This piece only cost $2 to replace and serves as a rest for the belt/spindle and as a dust fan. It is kind of needed to use the sander properly but I did use it without it but didn?t like to. But now I have an extra because there was a $5 minimum order. So again great sander, I give it 5 stars.

boxmaker

I have this sander also. I really like it and the dust collection really works well, just hook your shop vac to the dust port. I use the spindle sander more than the belt. Mark

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
i have used the spindle sander and they are great, they dont generate enough heat to burn the wood, I would like one but do not have the room for it
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi