Author Topic: Steve's product review ...the angle guage  (Read 801 times)

Charlie Dearing

Steve's product review ...the angle guage
« on: July 20, 2010, 06:53:43 am »
I have this same angle finder and it's a great addition if you're into precise angles for bevels and bowls and such on the scrollsaw.  The only problem I have is not product related, but that my Hegner table is aluminum so the magnet doesn't stick to it.  I have to use a long piece of tape across the top and sides of it to hold it in place while I tilt the table.  I don't have a strong enough magnet to put under the table to make it stick.  Very pleased with the product itself though.  Worth the price I say.

daneklund

Re: Steve's product review ...the angle guage
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:35 am »
Charlie - try using one of those magnetic ad cards that you get in the mail.  Just use a little double stick tape on the back side.  The guage should stick to the magnet paper.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:44:11 am »
I have that same guage.  I use it more on my table saw and miter saw.  Also works well on my sanders.

Tim2beupinAz

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »
I have the wixey angle gauge and love it. ;D I use it mostly for my table saw as well but have to say it is a great addition to my shop.  This thing is dead on for angles.

boxmaker

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »
I have been looking at these for awhile, I would like to try an inlay with the scroll saw, and wondered if it would be worth it to help set the angle. Thanks for the info. Mark

SMF

Teknoromi