Author Topic: wood for scrolling  (Read 1258 times)

Manuel

wood for scrolling
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
I am so new on this hobby that I don't know where to start, I need wood for scrolling and I don't know where to look for it, I need blades and I have no idea where to buy i.
If somebody on this forum is from Ontario Canada, maybe they could tell me where to buy it , I am lost.
Thanks
Manuel

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: wood for scrolling
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:44:53 pm »
Hey Manuel, Here in the states you can get 1/4" hard woods such as red oak and poplar at Home Depot and Lowe's. On line sources of wood and blades include www.sloanswoodshop.com. The Blades that most use can be found at www.mikesworkshop.com.
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 12:07:37 am »
Another good source for wood is Ocooch Hardwoods. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada or not.

http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com

I know we have a lot of members from the Canadian Provinces so maybe they can chime in and help.

Best place for blades....http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Terry Jackson

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 01:37:30 am »
If there is a cabinet maker they may have scraps.  They can also tell you where they get their wood.

Local sawmills/shed builders/landowners may have a bandsaw mill and will cut a log of local timber to about 1/4" or around 6mm.  Natural edge wood has a certain appeal.

There is also the lumber yard, the big chain stores and the internet, plus advertisements in the magazines for scrolling.

Offline macfil20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:37:36 pm »
This is where I get my wood. It's in Ottawa but they accept orders on line.
kjpselecthardwoods.com
JP
Jean-Pierre

SMF

Teknoromi