Author Topic: Buying blades from Mike  (Read 2932 times)

northie66

Buying blades from Mike
« on: July 18, 2010, 09:35:08 pm »
I was going to try Mike's site for blades... but he doesn't offer Paypal.

What's my alternative options?

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
Re: Buying blades from Mike
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:50:38 pm »
don't know what credit card options are for you but i have talked to Mike a few times and I felt very comfortable giving my credit card to him. I would and will do it again. He has sent me sample blades twice and has answered my questions. Mike

northie66

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »
I guess I just don't feel comfortable putting my cc number in on his site.  I mean is a small business site just as secure as a big business?

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »
Mike runs his transactions through a "Secure Server" so I have no problem with the credit card number. If you have a FAX program you can print out his order form and FAX the order to him.
Best service and lowest shipping you can find!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:23:44 pm »
Janet, I have ordered from Mikes site and have had no problems. Hundreds of people order from him also, and I wouldn't hesitate to order from his site again!
Dan In Southern California

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:05:41 pm »
If it is a safe site you have nothing to worry about, why don't you ring him
Jimbo

Joesawdust

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:24:05 pm »
Or do it the old fashioned way and give him a phone call, he'll take your card over the phone. BTW he's a great guy to deal with. I have ordered both ways with no problems.

Greg

Dan

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 12:28:42 am »
You can print the order form and mail a check with the order. It would take a few days but you would feel better.

Dan

mouse

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:16 am »
Mike uses a secure server which is safer than phone or mail. Only problems I have had have been with large companies. :(
I use Mike with no problems.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 10:55:37 am »
i too have used mikes site to order his blades, i had no probs and feel safe using it. i always look for the yellow padlock before i order on websites,  which means it is a secure site.

UHMNL

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 12:28:04 pm »
Hi Janet,

The reason I don't take PayPal is that it cost me double what other credit card companies charge me. I belong to the SD Retail  Ass. and they have a contract with 3 CC companies. PayPal  is not one of them.
Like others have posted I pay a company for the secure site. All postings are scambled till it get to me.
If you want to use email, never send all the numbers in one, send at least 3 emails with 3 different parts of the Ccard.

I wand to thank all the people who posted for giving me a very positive responds.

FD Mike

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »
Mike is one of two vendors I send cash too.  He is great and offers great service.

Chase
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

canadasgall

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »
he is the only one i buy my blades from never had a problem..great service..fast delivery..

northie66

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »
I want everyone to know this had nothing to do with trusting Mike. It's the thieves on the Internet I have a problem with. And since I don't use credit cards (debit only) if extra charges got racked up it would be a huge problem for me.

I didn't read all the posts yet but I read Mikes and if he says it's secure I'll go for it.

Sawdust Dave

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:10:04 pm »
Another way to see if a webpage is secure is to look at the address bar. A secure page will read https://  :)

SMF

Teknoromi