Author Topic: Thanks so much to Steve  (Read 4829 times)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Thanks so much to Steve
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:58 am »
I don't really start a lot of topics, although I do chime in a lot with what is here.  I am sure that there are many threads with the subject line 'Thanks to Steve' for all the wonderful things he does for our group here, but I felt I really wanted to say something that 'goes without staying' but is better said anyway. 

Thanks, Steve for all the hard work you do for scroll sawing.  I loved the pictures from the SAW Expo along with the commentary.  It really helped those of us who weren't able to attend feel that we were part of the event. For me anyway, it made me want to work harder to make it to a future show and be part of things myself.

I know I am not alone in saying how much you are appreciated for your work at promoting scroll sawing.  You help everyone in the industry from vendors to small businesses to people who are new to sawing and provide a fun and educational place for us to share our passion for woodworking and meet new friends and exchange information.

I personally have loved the site here and have made many new friends because of it.  It has not only made my days better, but has inspired me to work even harder to promote scroll sawing in general. You are a fine example.  It is wonderful to meet so many talented and gifted people who are willing to help others.  It has been a pleasure to be a member and I look forward to hearing from the 'regulars' as well as welcoming newcomers into our forum.

It is a tremendous amount of work on your part and I just want to say how much I appreciate it. Thanks so much.  :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
Re: Thanks so much to Steve
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:55:23 am »
i dont think anyone could have said it any better sheila. steve's blog and forum along with the members, keeps me motivated. thank you steve for this forum, the blog and sharing your knowledge with us all. the expo pics were great, wished i could have attended.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:37:25 am »
Ditto!  I couldn't have said it better.

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 09:09:22 am »
Very well said!!
Pat B

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:39:26 am »
Well put Sheila!  I check this forum and Steve's blog daily and anticipate those email messages anxiously.
BilltheDiver
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:42:17 am »
Ditto, dot, ditto. Thanks Steve.   :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:31:58 am »
Sheila, you hit the nail on the head, very nicely put and so very true. I join everyone in thanking Steve for all he does. I have cut many of his patterns and the best part is they are FREE. Thank you Steve.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

cherie

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:40:33 am »
Thanks Shelia for expressing all our feelings.  Thanks Steve for putting together such a wonderful site and community of people.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:14 am »
Yep you said it Sheila....Could not have said it any better.  One of the best forums on the net run by one of the best guys out there.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
EXACTLY!!! You all don't realize what a joy it is to find friends like you guys, thanks to Steve!
I'm from North Dakota

ufgator

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:45:21 am »
Sheila has said everything I could possibly say and much more.  Spoken from her heart and that of all of us on this Forum and the Blog. Thank You Sheila and Thank You Steve.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 12:50:57 pm »
I have to add my thanks to Steve also.  I "thought" I'd like to learn to scrollsaw, found this site and watched his many videos for my initial learning.  Then used some of his free patterns for my projects, and finally, used this board to ask other members for a bit of help, which they gave.  I've never had this much help/training from any other source before. 
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 04:54:55 pm »
Were it not for Steve, I would still be using that old clunker of a saw that I bought to cut out 'acorns' for WoodPecker feeders and that is it.
I stumbled on Steve's blog and away I went!

It is all Steve's Fault!

Thanks Steve!!!!!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:26 pm »
You put that beautifully Sheila and I agree with everything you have said, if I had not found this site I would have quit when my Ryobi died, Thank Steve
Jimbo

boxmaker

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:31 pm »
Well said Sheila. When I found Steves site I was searching for box patterns, then clicked on some of his links, then found your site and many others. I also watched Steves videos and and learned a lot about scrolling, then Steve started this Forum and now I have meet a great group of friends. Thank You Steve, for starting it all.

SMF

Teknoromi