Author Topic: Craig's List.....  (Read 5265 times)

Offline skip

• View Profile
Re: Craig's List.....
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 09:09:47 am »
they are just to lazy to use it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:56 am »
I am going to buy a SKILL scroll saw (supposedly like new) for $25.00.  Just for a back up or possibly to take to shows.
Any opinions on a skill?
I'm from North Dakota

Crash Landing

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 12:13:18 pm »
I was given one for helping out at the Cub Scouts Pine Car Derby earlier this year. It was my introduction to scroll sawing. Two days later I bought the Dewalt. I still use the Craftsman but only for some sanding using various grits of the sanding blades. When not using it for sanding it holds my back door to my shop open for better ventilation.

crash

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »
CRASH!!!
That sounds like my first computer!
I inherited an old computer from a former boss. Called my friend who was a SuperGeek and asked what I could do with a computer with 256 megs of RAM.
His reply, "Do you still have your canoe? It will keep it from floating away!"

I think i'll keep the Craftsman to 'rough cut' stock to size so I don't have to drag out the table saw. (See Photos in another post!)

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 01:56:34 pm »
Hey GrayBeard, Thats where I have an advantage. I have a full woodshop in the garage. The wife has to park her car in the driveway, so I always have access to all the tools any time I need them!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »
Lucky for you....BAD for me!
I live with my sister in her place and have to cater to her whims and foibles!!!
Can you say, "Instant Gratification at all times and total convenience because even tho she is 8 years younger, I am much more mobile and agile!"

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Crash Landing

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 10:47:51 pm »
250 megs???? my first had 1meg and it cost 4000 dollars..9 in monitor..i thought i was soooo kewl. I like the craftsman though , it does just what i need it to do...nothing nothing at all LOL

Crash Landing

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 10:51:54 pm »
dgman..i too have full access to my shop, which I share with my wife's car. If I have my tools out and she drives up..no problem..she just gets out of the car and moves my stuff out of the way...the trade off? I don't have to cook, go shopping, do laundry , iron or housework of any kind..fair trade doncha think????

crash

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 10:58:02 pm »
Sounds like my Ryobi that went to heaven
Jimbo

Becky

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 11:33:52 pm »
The bad guy was going to use her skin to make clothing after he killed her.  He didn't want nasty, dry skin for his clothes so he made her use the lotion to keep it nice.  Probably easier to sew if it's nice and pliable too.  Makes perfect sense.   :o

Was that Silence of the Lambs or the prequel?  It's been a while since I watched any of them.

What's this thread about?  I forgot.  LOL

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 11:52:43 pm »
Hey Becky, It must be way after 5'oclock!
Dan In Southern California

Wandascroller

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 04:21:16 am »
This is starting to sound like one of those stories where everyone adds a few sentences.
My first computer was a Microbee cost about $1000 for 256 meg. and I was afraid to turn it on in case I wrecked it. LOL

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 08:26:31 am »
Started with an Epson with a 20 mg hard drive for $2000 including the dog matrix printer. Thought it was the greatest. Now about 5 computers later . . .  what amazing changes.
Pat B

northie66

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 08:37:54 am »
Remember before Windows and you had to run programs through DOS?

C:\>

I remember in those early years I wanted to buy stock in Microsoft. Hubby picked something else though and we lost alot of it. Needless to say I don't let him live that one down.  :-\

chips

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 08:44:54 am »
 Gee! You guys and your first computers make me jealous.  :) Mine was a Shack I that had, if IRC 48K of ram and anything you wanted to save you put on a 5 1/4" disc. Had to write a lot of my own programs as next to nothing was available that I wanted. Next one was a C64 with a whopping 64K. Then an Amiga and after that I decided to join the crowd and have had several IBM type clones with MS OS's.

Internet???? Never heard of it back then. We dreamed about being able to get on a BBS that didn't involve LD charges. The changes over the years have been truly amazing.

SMF

Teknoromi