Author Topic: Making pics smaller to post  (Read 1436 times)

northie66

Making pics smaller to post
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:43:54 pm »
Thought this might help some of you out.  Most computers have MS Paint.

How to make a photo smaller with MS Paint:

Open the folder or file with the picture in it. Choose one photo and RIGHT-CLICK on it. This gives a drop-down menu. Choose "Open with..." (left-click) and you will get another drop-down menu. Choose "Paint" (left-click).

The photo appears in the Paint screen. Across top menu bar, click on "Image." Drop-down menu -> choose "Resize/Skew." This gives you a dropped box. In the top half of the box it says Resize. That is the only area you use. The default settings are Horizontal 100% and Vertical 100%. Change each to 25% and click "OK."

That's almost it. You need to save your hard work, either replacing the original file or making a new name so that you have both versions of the picture. Within Paint, left-click on "File." This gives a drop-down menu.

To do replacing, click on "Save." You will get a box informing you that a file with that name already exists; do you want to replace it? Choose "OK."

To have both versions, click on "Save as..." You will be given a box with a horizontal bar for the new name. Type it in and then Click "OK."

Good luck.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Re: Making pics smaller to post
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:49:13 pm »
I still think microsoft power tools are easier they save the large image autmaticlly as well as the small
Jimbo

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:42:04 am »
now you post this. lol, it only took me 1/2 hour to figure it out. i could not post anything because it was too big. thanks, mike

chips

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:14 am »
 Thanks for the tip Janet. To save a little confusion for some my version of XP says "Stretch/Skew rather than Resize/Skew. The menu that comes up must be the same as you mention since you can resize the picture. It would seem to me that resize would be a better word to use than stretch.

northie66

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:36 pm »
Bump... for any newbies.   ;D

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:30:00 pm »
OK I'll bite, What is "Bump"?
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

daneklund

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 08:32:15 pm »
I thought I saw someone say that there wasn't any biting on this forum -  ;D

northie66

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 08:36:58 pm »
Sorry... bump just means to put the topic on the top of the list again if you want people to see it.  It's "forum-ese".

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 04:10:46 pm »
Like getting your name in the paper eh!
Jimbo

northie66

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:56 pm »
People have asked me so I figured I'd bump it.

SMF

Teknoromi