Author Topic: I hate winter!  (Read 4120 times)

lennywin

Re: I hate winter!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »
Hi Becky.  My names Lenny and I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but, at 7:25 yesterday, Phil saw his shadow.

Offline danpage1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:17 pm »
I am with you Becky. Here in Indiana it seemed to get cold in November and has not warmed up much at all. I put a small electric heater in my garage but as cold as it has been this year it hasn't done the trick. I was able to get all my Christmas things done but since then only done a couple of small projects. My wife said I could move my saw in the spare bedroom but don't have a lot of orders right now but I want to try to get some stuff made up ahead this year. Dan

Becky

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 11:08:55 pm »
Billy - that is a perfect representation of my feelings!  LOL!!!  And, Terry, please kick him an extra time for me!

I have a ceramic heater in my shop/garage but once it gets down to about freezing it just doesn't cut it.  Since it's a garage at heart, it takes a while to heat up or cool down from the recent weather so it generally runs a day or two behind.  Even when we do get the odd warm-ish day, it's still tough out there if the day before was really cold.  Propane heaters make me nervous.  Might be stupidity on my part but that's an open flame isn't it?  And my dust collection is sub-par.  Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  But, again, that could be ignorance on my part.

Oh well, I know this whole thread got started by my need to vent.  At least I see I am not alone.   :)  I guess in a few weeks it won't matter anymore.  AND I have thought of a project that I might actually be able to design myself.  That might tide me over for at least a little while. 

It's going to end.  It's going to end.  It's going to end.

Right?  Please?   ;)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 11:45:05 am »
Hang on Becky..we have a dandy coming our way!
I might just consider moving my saw into the lower level of my condo soon!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Becky

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »
Tell me about it.  Took forever to get home from work today and then I had to shovel the %$@& driveway (again).  I hear there's another storm coming up behind this one too. 
Can't wait.   ::)

ChuckD

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 11:00:37 pm »
As you may recall my workshop is 1600 sq feet.  I also store my RV and boat and a bunch of storage there.  I have one end for workshop but it is impossible to heat.  I have a couple of radiant electric heaters set up where I can work but the warmest it will get with cold weather is around 50 degrees.  I didn't turn them off after i left, (took all safety precautions) and left them on so it would be warm to work in there.  The owner (I rent) didn't like his electric bill so I can't leave them on anymore.  Didn't do that much anyway.  Will be glad when it get warmer so I can take off some of these clothes.  :) :)   

Malistar22

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 09:27:37 am »
So now here in WI, we got freezing rain and class 2 hurricane winds over the last 24 hours. Can I have my snowstorms back please?

SMF

Teknoromi