Author Topic: What's on your table at Craft shows?  (Read 2923 times)

ToverT

What's on your table at Craft shows?
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
I've been doing a few craft shows for a few years now, but haven't attended on yet with my scroll saw projects.  I'll be doing that in May.  I do a lot of different crafts and have done pretty good, so I'm anxious to see how the scroll saw projects go.  Last May I attended a craft show for Labor day weekend and did $1,000 so that was nice.  I make custom Hunting knifes, (link on my signature), wine stoppers, Hiking sticks, canes, Fan/light chain pulls, coasters and other stuff.  I've attached two pic of birdhouse that I decorated.  I bought these at Michaels Craft for $5.49 each and they sell from $35/$40 each.  The one with the pebbles has 450 stones placed on it.  The cabin I wood burned.  They both do well.

So, other then the scroll saw items, do you make any other kinds of crafts?  Pictures would be GREAT!

Thanks for lookin'

Tommy T

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: What's on your table at Craft shows?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
Hey tommy, I too do some turning and general woodworking, but I only sell crafts done on the scroll saw. Of course a lot of things are not solely done on the scroll saw like boxes and such, but they do have scroll work on them. The reason is the biggest show I do is the Wood Art Show at the local Woodcraft store in December. I am the only scroller there, so I don't compete with anybody else, and nobody competes with me. So I don't want to store stock that won't be sold there. I am always the top seller there!
BTW, nice looking bird houses !
Dan In Southern California

Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
Hi Tommy, I keep reasonably busy doing a little wood carving and repurposing tobacco sticks.
You can see some of my tobacco stick work here:
http://oldcrowtobaccosticks.webs.com/
I have attached a few pictures of my carving and you can see more here www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.webs.com

Don R
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:04:33 pm by Old Crow »

woodtinkergary

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »
you guys do awesome work. wtg

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:37:56 pm »
Don - saw your walking sticks today. Pretty sharp !!!  I had wood carving for seniors today and one returning carver brought in a walnut limb he was carving [he's made several] that reflects time line events in his life. Starting with his birth at the bottom, his marriage, children, grandchildren, etc.. Just copy & numbers. He also walks up a mountain here is South Dakota ever 3 years to see the progress being made on "Crazy Horse" [A carving out of a mountain]  Those trips are recorded also. Thanks for the photo.  Brian

ToverT

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:14:27 am »
Don,  Great Stuff!!!!!  I haven't learned the art of carving yet.  Although, I did a carving of Abe Lincoln once, it ended up as firewood!  I do wood spirits on my Hiking sticks, but they are wood burned.  Also some Native American woodburning on my Hiking Sticks.  Here is one.

Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:11 am »
Tommy, I like your Native American. I also do a little woodburning on my hiking staffs from time to time.
Don R

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 07:44:06 am »
I mix my woodturning and scrollwork. Here is a couple of pictures from my last craft fair. (sorry they lost some clarity when I reduced the size to fit here)
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

ToverT

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:35:50 am »
Nice display Keefie!  I like the way you have your portraits displayed!!

Tommy T

old wormy

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:04:38 am »
This is a pic of my display at a craft fair.

ToverT

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 10:22:54 am »
Very nice Old Wormy!!!!  Great display!

Tommy T

SMF

Teknoromi