Author Topic: Magnifying lamp  (Read 4172 times)

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
Re: Magnifying lamp
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:18 am »
My Rockler maginifier lamp is attached to the upper arm of my saw, no vibration.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

bubbaloo158

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:29 pm »
I bought a magnifier florescent lamp 2 weeks ago at an office supply store called "Staples" and just love it.  It sure makes it easier for these old eyes to follow the lines and the light is fantastic.  I don't get any glare on the piece like I was getting with the light that comes with the DW-788.  I have it attached to my workbench and so there is virtually no vibration whatsoever.

Bobby

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 11:25:05 pm »
Hi Don

I have the clamp on model from Busy Bee.
It has a florescent lamp. with 3 x power lens
 I have mine  clamped onto a wall to prevent vibration, and I close the cover when not in use to keep the dust off the lens.
Works great for me.

Jim

jarruda144

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:50 am »
Hey Don, I have both models from Busy Bee, I tried the clamp on for the saw but had no luck finding somewhere to clamp it and have it not interfere with my cutting but that is probably due to my set up so I went with the stand alone for the saw works great the led lamp is nice and bright and I can move it and use somewhere else in the garden shed/shop.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 11:36:32 am »
thanks for all your input.

I went with the clamp on LED and I won't be able to test till after Christmas when Santa delivers.

Busy Bee also sell a seperate stand if the clamp doesn't work out.

Thanks again.

Don

bubbaloo158

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »
Just one more comment if I may...

I just adore my florescent lamp/ magnifier.  As stated, I have it clamped to my workbench - no vibration whatsoever.  But best of all... I am relatively new to the hobby and still get kind of intimidated when I have a small inside cut to do.  With the magnifier it makes the piece that I'm cutting look HUGE, seeming to take away my anxiety over making the cut.  (I know... mind over matter) Also, the light is so much brighter than the lamp that comes with the DW788 and there's no glare on the piece.  I have to say that it has really helped to improve my cutting.

Bobby

SMF

Teknoromi