Author Topic: New clock project  (Read 4176 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: New clock project
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 06:40:04 am »
That cutting is just so accurate.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

malc

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:06 am »
Raining hard, miserable day so down the workshop and cut out the frame in redwood, looks quite good, still in the rough lots of sanding to do before it is good enough to show. If you include the spacers it comes to 22 pieces cut out. May be able to cut another wheel tomorrow unless 'er indoors has other ideas!
Malc

malc

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 07:31:02 am »
Disaster! Dropped one of my frames on the floor and watched it break into three bits! This has proved that solid redwood is not strong enough for this purpose so it's back to good old Baltic birch. Still better now rather than when it was all finished and sanded. :'(
Malc

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 01:38:04 pm »
ouch - but as you say better now than later when it all done.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

malc

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:24 am »
Hope to carry on with the new frame today seeing as my workshop has come up to above zero!! Will be posting some pictures in a day or so.
Malc

malc

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 04:16:56 am »
well that's all the cogs and other bits cut. Now all I have to do is finish the frame and get them all to work together!!!
Malc

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 06:24:05 am »
WOW!!! I don't know how you manage to cut those so accurately, I couldn't spot 1 mistake on those teeth.

malc

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 06:33:26 am »
WOW!!! I don't know how you manage to cut those so accurately, I couldn't spot 1 mistake on those teeth.
No one mistake would be too many...it just wouldn't work simple as that. All wheels except escape wheel cut on scroll saw slower than a band saw but far more accurate. Also to cut on a band saw for half an hour without a break is asking for badly cut fingers!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:51:59 am by malc »

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »
I know how to apply a band-aid but am no surgeon, you my friend are a surgeon.  Nice work.
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

SMF

Teknoromi