Author Topic: catching up  (Read 4031 times)

rob roy

catching up
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:54 am »
Hi everyone, just catching up all that I missed while in hospital, lying on a bed in the coronary care unit for a week. Pretty scary and uncomfortable lying wired up like a telephone exchange, surounded by doctors, nurses and little TV's with funny squigly lines on them. Fortunately none of them FLAT LINED!!!!. Back home now and taking things very easy and reading all the posts. Hopefully get back to the sawing soon.Been warned not to cut myself as I'm using WARFARIN, so I'll be a bit more dilligent when cutting. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Rob Roy.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: catching up
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:36 am »
Sorry to read you were down, Rob.  I don't always get to the forum here so I didn't know you were ill.  I am happy you are back home though and I hope you are on the road to recovery.  Take care and take it easy. 

(((HUGS))) Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:37:30 am »
Hang in there old boy. Take a few days off and play it up so family and friends will wait on you. Is Warfarin another brand of Scotch Whiskey?
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:48 am »
Hang in there old boy. Take a few days off and play it up so family and friends will wait on you. Is Warfarin another brand of Scotch Whiskey?

Hey Dan my brother uses that stuff it, can be purchased in the hardware store as "rat poison".

Hope you're back to normal soon rob roy
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:39 am »
Was wondering were you were Roy, glad to hear you are on the mend.
a couple of pints of (heavy and a wee dram ) is whats needed here :) :) :)
Dave

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 10:53:06 am »
Well you know you are very special and deserve all that attention.  Yep I'm on warfarin and it is rat poison so I just sprinkle it on my cereal in the morning.  How much I use depends how it makes my whiskers twitch,  :D

Of course you know I never tell a lie unless I am alone or with someone.  Feel better and don't bleed.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 10:59:43 am »
Hey Roy, glad you came through and are home. And I did the similar stuff for almost a year, coumadin. Just b e careful when the missus shaves you with that straight razor!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 11:11:12 am »
Missed you and glad to have you
back Roy!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 11:38:39 am »
Sorry to read you were down, Rob.  I don't always get to the forum here so I didn't know you were ill.  I am happy you are back home though and I hope you are on the road to recovery.  Take care and take it easy. 

(((HUGS))) Sheila
Thank you for your good wishes Sheila. I will be taking it easy for some time. That was too close for comfort. ::) ::)
Rob Roy.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 11:52:29 am »
sorry to hear you where in the hospital Roy.take care of yourself and you'll be up and around in know time

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

rob roy

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »
Thank you Dan, wish it was another brand of Scotch. The Warfarin comes FREE. ::) ::) ::).
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:42 pm »

Hey Dan my brother uses that stuff it, can be purchased in the hardware store as "rat poison".

Hope you're back to normal soon rob roy
Hi guys thanks and if I happen to get bitten by a rat it will DIE INSTANTLY.
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »
Was wondering were you were Roy, glad to hear you are on the mend.
a couple of pints of (heavy and a wee dram ) is whats needed here :) :) :)
Dave
Thanks Dave, I was wondering where I was. Your pint of heavy and a dram sounds very tempting, but the boss is keeping an eye on me. ::) ::) ::).
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 01:25:14 pm »
Well you know you are very special and deserve all that attention.  Yep I'm on warfarin and it is rat poison so I just sprinkle it on my cereal in the morning.  How much I use depends how it makes my whiskers twitch,  :D

Of course you know I never tell a lie unless I am alone or with someone.  Feel better and don't bleed.

Thank you very much Judy Much appreciated. I'm not as special as you. :D :D :D
Rob Roy.
P S I'll watch out for the fingers Judy, don't want to bleed to death.

rob roy

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 01:28:31 pm »
Hey Roy, glad you came through and are home. And I did the similar stuff for almost a year, coumadin. Just b e careful when the missus shaves you with that straight razor!

~~~GB~~~
Thank you Ed. Surely makes you sit up and take stock of things. Time to slow down I think.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi