Author Topic: Recovered my EX table top  (Read 4386 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Recovered my EX table top
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 03:11:29 pm »
Those cabinet makers should donate them to the reStore! It does seem like such a waste. I love the reStore. I go there probably twice a week to see what comes in. I was able to pick up enough wood and MDF boards to build shelves and racks in my basement for storage. Final cost? $12. For giggles, I priced the same stuff out at our local Menards and it would have cost me over $120!

Also, I went to Menards/Home Depot to buy a bunch of supplies to build my DIY air vac system for my shop. I then went to the reStore and bought some of the EXACT SAME STUFF for pennies on the dollar (their PVC piping is 10 cents a foot). I returned the store bought stuff and got almost $80 back. Long story short, if you have a reStore in your area, you are guaranteed to save money. Plus, you are giving your money to a great organization within your community instead of a box store.  I'm pretty sure the ladies at the reStore know me by name now lol!

Yup one would think it would help those in low income areas use there mistakes to make repairs or changes to there homes, or use them in other ways. You got some good deals, way cheaper than buying new, I have been wanting to build a food pantry cabinet but I know its going to cost more to buy the real wood versus buying the cheap pre made shelves I can just slap together.

SMF

Teknoromi