Author Topic: Border patterns...  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Barry

• View Profile
Border patterns...
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:03:38 pm »
I am making a sign using a quote a friend of my always says.  I used Steve's Stencil Printer and came up with a nice pattern of the words.  What I would like to do and what I need help on is some decorations to go around part of the border.  Cutting out just the words makes for a very plain project. 

I hope I am being clear on what I am asking.  Many homey sayings you see framed and hanging on the wall have interesting borders.  I am at a loss and hope someone can help.  Thanks.

Barry

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: Border patterns...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »
Are you looking for something decorative and traditional, like flowers and vines or swoopy lines?
Or something that might relate to the quote you are using? Like hamers for a shop saying, or teapots for a kitchen saying?

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:07 pm »
I don't know if any on this page will help.

http://stevedgo.ipower.com/cat/?page_id=1544

Keith
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:14 pm »
Thanks to you both.  I am thinking something along the traditional lines.  I know I'm not being very clear.  I will keep looking.  Maybe it will come to me.  Thanks.

Barry

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:41:45 am »
Have you tried a Google search for "filigree borders patterns"?  I come up with lots of samples with that search.  Might get you in the direction you're looking for.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:15:40 am »
Thanks Mainewoods, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate your help.

Barry

SMF

Teknoromi