Author Topic: best scroll saw to do self repairs on.  (Read 647 times)

Offline clarky23

• View Profile
best scroll saw to do self repairs on.
« on: June 22, 2020, 04:55:53 pm »
Hello, new to the forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat post.  between the Dewalt and the Excalibur, which scroll saw is easiest to work on by yourself and to get parts ordered.  Or is there another brand I should look at?  I currently have a Dewalt, but planning on selling and getting an Excalibur.  Also, by February 2021 I will be living full time in the Philippines. so being able to work on the machine by myself if needed is crucial.  From my understanding, there are very very few scroll sawers in the PH.  So finding someone to do maintenance I'm guessing will be out of the question.  Thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

Offline harpolemond

• View Profile
Re: best scroll saw to do self repairs on.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 11:02:35 am »
Excalibur seems to me to be the one that is most easily worked on. The Dewalt I am told has a lot more moving parts and is more involved.  Had both and still have my EX 16. Sold the Dewalt and replaced it with a Delta which did some nice work for me.
But sold that Delta [should have kept it..40-694]  too and got a new Jet.  Don't know about working on Jet.
   Keep in mind Excalibur is very difficult to find parts for. At lest that is my experience.  Never tried to
order parts on the Dewalt, but the word over the net is they are a little more involved for repairs.
So one is more involved with more parts and the other is hard to find parts for.
So I got a new Jet ..keeping the Excalibur for backup  hope this helps..If you can go a few bucks more, do a search online compare all machines of a higher end.

SMF

Teknoromi