Author Topic: Blade alignment on Dw788  (Read 1635 times)

Mr.Mike

Blade alignment on Dw788
« on: May 02, 2010, 09:51:31 am »
I upgraded to a Dewalt 788 and LOVE it. However, the blade is not center of the hole in the table. Looking down on the table, the blade is less than 1/8 inch from the right hand side of the hole. I don't see any adjustment to correct this. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you correct this.

thanks in advance, MIKE

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Blade alignment on Dw788
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 03:22:27 pm »
Hi Mike, the table is not adjustable left to right so you have to adjust the blade position. There is a set screw opposite the thumb screw in the upper and lower clamps. These will allow you to move the blade left and right. You need to make sure if you move these that you end up with the blade moving straight up and down. Jump over to http://www.scrollsaws.com/. Look for the DeWalt tune up in the left column. There are several tips for problems with the DW788. Read through these and you will have a better understanding of some of the adjustments for this saw.

Mr.Mike

Re: Blade alignment on Dw788
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »
Thanks Steve, I was able to move the table a fraction, enough to get the blade close to center. The blade is running true so I don't think I'll mess with the screw adjustments just yet. Thanks again for all your help. I've been scrolling 20+ years and I'm still learning.     MIKE

SMF

Teknoromi