Author Topic: Printer adjustments  (Read 1654 times)

Offline geno

• View Profile
Printer adjustments
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:08:11 am »
Steve,
     I am trying to print out the "Piano Man" automatron patterns. When I print them out, the dimensions are smaller than what you show on the patterns. I have a Kodak all in one printer but I'm not sure how or if there are adjustments to change the print to match your pattern sizes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Gene

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Printer adjustments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:59 pm »
Gene, most print options allow you to print the image larger or smaller.  You might have to look for it but it should be somewhere.  For instance, the print screen of my PDF viewer has a Custom Scale option under Page Scaling. 

Try printing the pattern and then measure some feature of the pattern.  For example, if the feature you measure is 5" on the print and you want it to be 5.5", then try scaling the print at 5.5 divided by 5 = 1.1   Thus you would scale the next print by 110%.  You might have to experiment with different scales depending on how exact you want the pattern to be. 

Hope this helps,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline geno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:30:53 am »
Thanks Jim. That did help. I am somewhat of a novice on all of this but I really want to learn so your advice moved me one step closer,

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 09:32:43 am »
Glad I could help.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

SMF

Teknoromi