Author Topic: A review of 3 New Scroll Saws ( A Newbies View )  (Read 19247 times)

Tako Kichi

Re: A review of 3 New Scroll Saws ( A Newbies View )
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 03:27:34 pm »
Hi Math, if you look at this thread .... http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=5390.0 ... you will see that I also bought the supposedly better model Mastercraft saw a couple of weeks ago. Like you I found it to be garbage and took it back for a full refund after three days. I went to Home Hardware and picked up one of their 'own brand' saws (a TMT) and so far it's been a nice saw.

math2010

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
Hi Tako Kichi!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to get problems with that saw. I could not be refund because the problems appears 30 days after I bought it (btw the service was really bad). I'll try the new one they gave me (when I'll get some free time) and if it didn't work better, I'll start to shop!

cutter1

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
 Great review and I'm glad you've found one you like. It would be nice if some retailer would have a set-up for scrollers to test different saw's. I can only read what you all post here and try to draw an idea of what my new saw will be when I make that move. Mine I got from a swap meet for $20 and old 1998 16" craftsman variable and it works great. Some small mods but for 20 I'm happy.  Glad you are too :D

SMF

Teknoromi