Author Topic: Arts and Craft Show  (Read 821 times)

Offline kenreich

• View Profile
Arts and Craft Show
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »
I am working toward an arts and craft show June 1st and am planning on setting up my saw and cutting names during the show - partly to raise interest in my booth and partly to hopefully sell several.  Those of you who do or have done this, what is the easiest/best way to do this?  Do you cut all your blanks ahead of time and how do you set up your lettering for each name request?  What shape or form works best - 3/4" pine without a base - just the name? - script type lettering or block? - etc.?

Thanks for your answers in advance!
Ken

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Arts and Craft Show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:42 am »
I did it once many years ago.  I used a plastic template I got from Seyco.  Kinda bubbly letters, 5/8".  I used my dremel on a plunge router base to cut the center of the letters.  I had several strips of wood ready (already cut 5/8" and sanded.)  I had pine, cherry, red oak and walnut.  The more expensive the wood, the more expensive the key chain.  You want to have someone else there to help work your booth.  You don't want to miss a good sale because you are working on a $5.00 key chain.  You also want to have a few made up so they can see the finished results.  I did OK on the key chains but got some special orders that made some real money.  It's a good idea if you have the right venue.

SMF

Teknoromi