Author Topic: Tree ornaments 28 different one the two sizes of deer  (Read 719 times)

Offline lee5155

• View Profile
Tree ornaments 28 different one the two sizes of deer
« on: October 30, 2021, 07:41:30 pm »
Hi Steve I was wondering what blade would be best for cutting the two sizes of deer ornaments that you have I am having trouble with the small one cutting the trees the detail is so fine any help that you can give me?

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Tree ornaments 28 different one the two sizes of deer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 09:14:12 am »
I am not sure which ornament you are talking about and what kind of wood might and that would make a difference.

Blades are very much a personal choice as it is the ones you get comfortable with.  I am a Flying Dutchman Ultra reverse die hard.  I am currently cutting really fine ornaments.  at 1/8 BB I was using 2/0 UR but I changed to stack cutting and am using #1 and #3

I know  Steve used to be a FD user but changed to Pegas MGT when he got the sponsorship.  He uses mainly #3 for most of his cuttings.  MGT's are more aggressive than the FD in my opinion.  It just takes getting used to.

Let us know what you are cutting.

Offline rlkeeney1951

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 06:33:21 am »
Pegas #3 Modified Geometry is my go-to blade for everything. I will switch if and only if I have problems using it. I have all sorts of Pegas and Flying Dutchman blades on hand.

You have to try things and see if they work for you. There are too many variables for anyone to tell you which blade is the best.
#odinstoyfactory

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 08:38:30 am »
In the past Steve has said that he tries to make his patterns so you can use the pretty standard #5 blade but that for finer / smaller things he recommends a #3.
But as the others have said, it all comes down to what works for you, on your saw.

SMF

Teknoromi