Author Topic: Love the Battleship!  (Read 798 times)

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
Love the Battleship!
« on: April 18, 2021, 04:01:56 pm »
Steve,

When you did that survey recently I mentioned that I have a lot of 1/4" scrap from making jigsaw puzzles and would like patterns that let me use them.

Boy did you hit it out of the park with the Battleship pattern (04/18/2021)!  When I get a chance to do that one it will be all from my scrap pile.  I hate throwing away good wood (so I never do) and this is a pretty cool thing that will let me use it.

KCSteve :->

(Scroll-Right.com for those who want to see the puzzles)

Offline D-Tone

• View Profile
Re: Love the Battleship!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 10:25:03 pm »
KCSteve - I'm with you on not throwing wood away.  People ask me all the time why I save all those small pieces of wood.  I try to explain that us scrollers don't always need big hunks of wood.  I have piles of cut-offs and scraps all over the shop just waiting for the right project to come along. 

Offline Silver Sliver

• View Profile
Re: Love the Battleship!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 10:09:31 am »
I have had to retire from scrolling because of Macular Degeneration, but I still like to frequent this forum.  I too saved all my scraps.  When I used them, I had more but smaller scraps.  These were no longer usable for scrolling, so I put them into a box and took then to a pre-school  or kindergarden.  the little ones would glue these little scraps into shapes and objects that only their imagination knew what.  I can only imagine the excitement they had when they showed their creation to their parents.Talk about recycling!!!  I even used some of the sawdust, mixed it with craft glue and stain.  I would fill some holes that I didn't want.  Worked for me.

SMF

Teknoromi