Author Topic: Have a Setting or Monitor Condition.... :+(  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Have a Setting or Monitor Condition.... :+(
« on: August 18, 2013, 01:13:20 pm »
Changed monitors a couple weeks ago to a larger screen one. 

Have the computer set to SLEEP during the night.  Wondering....Is this advisable? 

The sleeping part works, but it leaves a WHITE monitor picture.

Pretty bright which isn't right.

Can anyone lend me a hand?  Hope......................................Thanks Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

countryscroller

Re: Have a Setting or Monitor Condition.... :+(
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »
My brother has a monitor he hooks up his laptop to so he can see it and we just turn off the monitor when he isn't using it. Can you just click the power button on it. Turning the monitor off won't change the Sleep mode on the computer.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:29:18 pm »
why do you need  "sleep mode" surely just shut down the system at night, and by shutting down will also clear the cache memory so the system is fresh again in the morning.
but if you do need to keep it on then go to the control panel and set your preferences in "power options" or "personalise"
as i have said before i am no guru in these matters but i always shutdown at night , everything will still be there in the morning, and shutting down and switching back on has the same effect as  a reboot as we all often need to do
Dave

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »
Thanks Guys....Think I was in a learning state many years ago and the Sleep Mode came from some advice and have always had it set. 
     Yes Dustin I can click on the OFF button and Yes the Monitor will shut off.  Wonder why the old monitor
shut itself down when the PC went into sleep mode and this one won't? 
     Daveo guess the wife and are are just set in out ways as far as physically turning this PC off.  Been to
easy with the sleep mode set.  Maybe I might just go back to the smaller monitor.  LOL  Tks.... Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:24 pm »
Its good to shut off the computer either a desktop or laptop, it lets it rest for one and also clears out stuff, also helps to do a restart if its runny slow or laggy will clear the memory(ram) and run better, I have a habit of just just the lid on my laptop which auto sleeps, but on weekends if I remember will turn it off one night to let rest.

SMF

Teknoromi