Author Topic: rapid resizer lines  (Read 2086 times)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
rapid resizer lines
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:13:26 pm »
Hi all
I have just been trying the trial version of rapid resizer and its quite good, but I find that after re sizing the radial lines of the pattern become distorted and jaggered, is this normal or am I missing something?. I dont know if its the type of file or something else, the one i have done was steves ship in a bottle of which I increased from its original length of 9.5" to 15" and in proportion in height please any help would be appreciated before I decide to buy or not
Dave

ChuckD

Re: rapid resizer lines
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
If you have questions about the Rapid resizer contact
Roberts, Patrick
E-mail Address(es):
  patrick@RapidResizer.com

He will answer.  Good Luck :):)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
Chuck
thanks for that, why didn't I think of it (must of had a senior moment)
Dave

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:12 pm »
The problem you are experiencing is know as Pixelation. You are taking a photo / bitmap and making it at such a large size that individual pixels, small single-colored square display elements that comprise the bitmap, are visible. There are limitations as to how far you can enlarge a photo / bitmap. Alternatives such as vector graphics (Coreldraw) are purely geometric polygon models and can scale to any level of detail. This is one reason vector graphics are popular for printing.  Russ  8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:20:53 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
Russ
thanks for that  I am a the moment having talks with Patrick about this and he is being very helpful.
However can abitmap be converted to a ector with any success?
Dave

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »
Hi Just an update
After several talks with Patrick it appears that the problem is with his software, in that it does not support PDF files with any realistic level, in fact he has basically told me not to buy the program and to look towards using his on line software on a yearly subscription instead.
I have just trialed that system and I can confirm its brilliant and of course is being constantly updated within the cost- must be the way to go
Dave

SMF

Teknoromi