Author Topic: Steve and Russ and the guys talk Scrollsaws  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Steve and Russ and the guys talk Scrollsaws
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:08:23 pm »
Just watched the show.  It is Fantastic as are all of the videos Russ puts out.  Check it out:

To watch the show http://youtu.be/ws0pWTaW6vo

Let's Talk Shop With Russ S01:E03 Scroll Saws with Steve Good
On this weeks show we are going to be talking about my favorite subject the Scroll Saw. And to help ...
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Steve and Russ and the guys talk Scrollsaws
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 09:26:38 am »
Thanks Judy. It was great to be able to have Steve on the show. A lot of people go to his blog, read his posts and download his patterns. But they really don't get to see and know Steve like you can in my live show. I hope more members here on the forum will check out my YouTube channel and subscribe. If there are any topics you would like to see on future videos just let me know. I am always looking for ways to help out my friends and I could really use your support... It would really be nice to see some familiar names in the comment section. :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpl82DjTAi-lqPHZ5o8GNg
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:46:21 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »
Hmmm. No response, no one cares...

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:19:02 am »
I watched the video and found it very entertaining but, the sound wasn't very good. Some of the people were hard to understand and I kept getting static or some feed back or something.
As far as the subject matter goes, I'm sure it was informative for a "newbie" however, I found it boring and a re-hash of all the questions found here on the site.
I did enjoy the one on one Q & A's with Steve and some of the comments by the panel though.
I hope that my comments are found to be constructive and not a put down of the show because I would like to see it continue.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 07:22:36 pm »
Thanks Roger, as far as the sound goes I did some research and found that the problem lies with Google and YouTube so I am kind of limited as to what I can do. My show is not the only one with the same problems. It was mostly in the beginning and settled down after that. Unfortunately the questions where from panel members and people watching on YouTube, that is what they wanted to ask. I do appreciate the feed back and again thanks for watching. :)

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 09:42:03 pm »
The feedback issue is something every chat program with multiple.  On real bad feedback it sounds a bit like sonar.  With a bit of tweaking on both sides generally you can find a happy medium. I like the way y'all are arranged across the bottom of the screen, you don't normally see that.  Good show btw.  Thanks.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 07:56:02 am »
Thanks DW. After some research and found that the problem lies with Google and YouTube. It has to do with a bandwidth problem that is caused by a full panel (10 people). Other people/shows limit there panels to 6 to 9 people and it solves the problem. Also the time of day plays a part to, both are out of my control. Thanks for watching. :)

dheaton

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 01:33:06 am »
Thanks Judy. It was great to be able to have Steve on the show. A lot of people go to his blog, read his posts and download his patterns. But they really don't get to see and know Steve like you can in my live show. I hope more members here on the forum will check out my YouTube channel and subscribe. If there are any topics you would like to see on future videos just let me know. I am always looking for ways to help out my friends and I could really use your support... It would really be nice to see some familiar names in the comment section. :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpl82DjTAi-lqPHZ5o8GNg

Just saw this and watched the video.  I liked it allot and subscribed to your channel.  I am fairly new to the scrollsaw.  I have a full workshop and do turning and bandsaw boxes as well so deciding on what to do is time consuming. hah.  My biggest issue with the scrollsaw is learning what blade to use.  I once spent hours on a piece and showed it to someone and they asked me when I bought a CNC machine.  Hmmm that was disapointing.  Any way I am watching more on your channel now.  Thanks

SMF

Teknoromi