Author Topic: 11/12 - 11/13 Show  (Read 3819 times)

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
11/12 - 11/13 Show
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
Well this one was an interesting one.  A catholic church in the area decided to put on a craft show Friday night ( 4 hrs. ) and all of Saturday ( 10 hrs. ).  It was a bit disorganized and small.  This was the 1st one they did in over 20 years.  They had only 10 vendors.  The whole thing was being run by one lady.  Despite lack of advertizing on their part, I think I did pretty well.  I made something close to 3x what I started with in the till after paying out the entry fee and startup monies.  Hope next year they advertize more.  Perhaps folks are feeling more secure and are ready to spend some money for Christmas.

Below is my display .. sorry about the lack of clarity on some of them.  One picture of one of the tables was too blurry to make out antything... I have one picture with it in the background, that is the one you can barely see with the small christmas tree on it.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: 11/12 - 11/13 Show
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:19:42 pm »
Wow you had a goodly amount there.  Glad you did well with it.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:32:58 am »
Nice variety and big display.  I so very glad you did well.  I want to know where every body finds the INDOOR shows.  Mine seem to be always outside.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:13 am »
It's a lot of fun doing a show especially when you make a few bucks. Nice work.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:53:36 am »
Nice variety and big display.  I so very glad you did well.  I want to know where every body finds the INDOOR shows.  Mine seem to be always outside.

Most of the church and senior center craft shows are inside... there are quite a few HUGE ones that are in convention centers.  Here in Cleveland there is the IX center and they have a big one inside but it is rather expensive I understand to get a space.  Most of the shows that are juried tend to be inside.  On your outside shows do you have access to power?  I always try to get indoors as I do not have a canopy.  I have been thinking of geting one but have not yet done so.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »
You have to have a canopy on outside shows.  I wouldn't even try without one.  It does give you additional show space.  You can grid wall the back and sides to hang merchandise, and hang things from the top supports and crossbraces.   Every little town in Texas has a festival of some kind.  They are usually set up down the center and along the business fronts of main street.  There is power available on some booths but it costs you a little more.  If the town has lamp posts, they usually run extension cords from them.  I actually look for the ones that have parades.  Every parent and grandparent, teacher and most of the townsfolk come out to see their kid or float or business or club represented.   

Chachi

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 11:34:34 pm »
I have to ask What is some of your products covered with?
Is that shrink wrap or some form of cling wrap?

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:24 pm »
Most of my shows are out side and a canopy is essential to protect the wood from the sun, the only problem is if you get a windy day
Jimbo

Offline cskipper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:50:10 am »
DW - you have an odd shaped tall display (not the items on it) on your table (3rd photo).  Where did you get it?
Cathy
Cathy Skipper
When in doubt, just do the next right thing.

tux_linux

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »
nice show! and really huge display, looks fantastic.

Jimbo, you should not forget that you live in lovely New Zealand, not in the US middle west or central Europe.
Also don't forget that you've got summer now and we are freezing.
I hope you can read the jealousy between my words ::)  ;D

SMF

Teknoromi