Author Topic: Pegas blade holder on Dewalt results??  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
Pegas blade holder on Dewalt results??
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:39:49 pm »
Has anyone tried the Pegas blade holder designed for the Dewalt?  My Dewalt clamp is starting to show some bending due to torquing the clamp over the years.  Thought maybe it might be worth trying the Pegas. 

Also does anyone know if the Pegas tension screw has a 'bearing' on the tip that meets the blade, like on the Dewalt

Finally any advantage to using the Excalibur clamp with the additional tension lever?

Thanks

Larry

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Pegas blade holder on Dewalt results??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:06:35 am »
I have a Dewalt and have the same thoughts as Larry. So looking for an answer

Offline RickKr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:03:05 pm »
Has anyone tried the Pegas blade holder designed for the Dewalt?  My Dewalt clamp is starting to show some bending due to torquing the clamp over the years.  Thought maybe it might be worth trying the Pegas. 

Also does anyone know if the Pegas tension screw has a 'bearing' on the tip that meets the blade, like on the Dewalt

Finally any advantage to using the Excalibur clamp with the additional tension lever?

Thanks

Larry

I've had the Pegas clamps installed on my DW788 for 3-4 weeks.  Saw seems to run and cut more smoothly.  I really like how the chuck rides on the precision sleeve same as the bearing rollers.  With the DW chucks, they ride on the threaded portion of the screw that holds it all together.  A good recipe for wobble and wear. 

Yes, the Pegas clamp has the spinning cap on the tip.  I understand from others that the DW screw fits in the Pegas chuck also. 

Rick

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:55:04 am »
Thanks for the information.  I caved the other day and ordered the Pegas clamps specifically for the Dewadt. 

In looking at my Dewalt clamp I can't say the 'gap' where the blade seats is spreading apart, but the threaded hole in the head itself is wearing to the point the threaded clamp is loose in the clamp head.  It's getting harder to not have the blade slip.  So looking forward to this update.

Larry

Offline Woodrush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:19 pm »
I didn't know dewalt made a 16 inch

SMF

Teknoromi