Author Topic: pozsgaidesigns retrofit for RBI scrollsaws - any experience?  (Read 4696 times)

ClayJ

pozsgaidesigns retrofit for RBI scrollsaws - any experience?
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »
I've been considering retrofiting my RBI hawk scrollsaw with the Quickset II system from http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0006.htm

Does anyone have any experience with putting one of these on an RBI? 
Is it easy to do?
Does it securley hold the blades?

My thumbs would greatly appreciate the simplicity of this design.

jim stiek

Re: pozsgaidesigns retrofit for RBI scrollsaws - any experience?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:40:48 pm »
have them on top and bottom on my rbi 16" wouldn't be without them have been using them for over 2 years and only broke the tapered washer on one once my fault for tightening to tight. they are a great product I am considering putting the original clamp on top and saving it for when the bottom wears out, also I have been cutting about 3/8" from the bottom of my blades because the clamp extends up from the original clamp location and travels up past the teeth thru the table doesn't present a problem for me.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:44:22 am »
I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get one because they were having difficulty obtaining a major part.  I finally found one on ebay and sent it to Frank and he made me one.  I installed it, but never really got accustomed to it.  I thought it would speed up blade changes, but I eventually went back to the original clamps.  It was likely a case of pilot error because most people I have spoken with love them.  Mine is sitting in a baggie on my saw.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:48:29 am »
I bought both the upper and lower clamps, but didn't like the lower unit and left the original on my G4 RBI.  Installation of the top clamp was easy and it does hold the blades much better than the original clamp.  I'm glad to have it.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline tlhausmann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »
Do the pozsgai design blade clamps also work with RBI Hawk 214 (single speed) model saws?  The barrel style lower blade holder is not satisfactory  for me. I picked up two (used).
RBI VS226, RBI Hawk 214 (2)

Offline Rockytime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:52:28 pm »
I would also know more about these clamps. I have a 220VS Ultra Hawk. I have never heard od these clamps.

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 10:00:41 am »
Watching, I have not heard of these blade holders either. interested since I also have a G4
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 06:13:31 pm »
i have a220vs. i sent the upper arm to RBI & had it upgraded. now my top & bottom blade holders are the same. my saw was made in 1995.

Offline tlhausmann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:06 pm »
I have two RBI 214 saws...I wonder whether Bushton would upgrade those arms...or whether it is worth the cost.
RBI VS226, RBI Hawk 214 (2)

SMF

Teknoromi