General Category > Computer questions

Chrome vs. FireFox vs. Opera vs. ????

(1/3) > >>

GrayBeard:
What's YOUR browser ane WHY?

~~~GB~~~

dgman:
Well GB, I like easy. So that means I use IE. Why? Because it's what is loaded on my laptop and it works!

HWPlmbr1:
I use Firefox. Just got used to it and like how it works.

I have an old built (by my sons years ago) and updated and re-updated desk top. IE just runs too slow on it and uses too much memory. Still on XP can't run 7 on it.

I don't know opera. My son says don't use chrome too much "spy" stuff with it. But use SR Iron a shareware with out the "spy" stuff.

sp_343:
Firefox!  I Have it set with "speed dial" when the browser first opens and anytime I click the 'home' button.  I can set the number of open spots on the "speed dial" and then click and drop any web site I have bookmarked into a spot.  When the browser opens, all my favorite woodworking sites are available with a small preview window.  I can left click on anyone of those and it automatically opens in a new tab.

Firefox is quick and easy.  Works well....I've always found IE to be slow, even on the new Dell desktop that we just got.  Windows 7 is also really cool with the new features it has.

Mainewoods:
Using Firefox in Ubuntu.  New to Ubuntu so it's loaded along side XP.  Got to admit it's much faster, even on an 8 year old pc. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version