General Category > Computer questions

Computer Problems

(1/4) > >>

edward:
Does anyone know of a good good program to buy, as my computer has been very slow, and freezing, sluggish at times, don't really want to take it to the shop. any help would be appreciated.  thanks  edward

DWSudekum:
Edward,
Question for you.  Is this sluggish behavior recent or long term?  If you have a Windows machine you might be able to use one of the earlier restore points that the computer makes to restore the computer back to before it started to do this.  It will not destroy your information just roll back to a time before the computer started to act wonky. 

You need to see if you have any hard drive space left.  Your computer uses your hard drive space as a kind of extra memory and if the hard drive is all full then it has to wait for the normal memory to empty a bit before it can proceed, this can cause your sluggish and freezing behavior.

Another thing to check is to get a program that detects and disinfects your system from programs called malware.  Essentially these are unwanted programs that while mostly benign can clog up your computer.  You can get a decent but free anti malware program form the link ---> https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/.  Install it or a program like it and run it.  It might do the trick for you.

DW

edward:
I tried to restore it before, but won't let me take it  back to an earlier time, also I have Malware installed on the computer.  edward

DWSudekum:
Put your computer into safe mode and re run both the virus scanner as well as the malware scanner.  Doing this will give you a decent chance of getting anything that is stealthy.  Since you can not or was not able to use a previous restore point your options are rather limited unless you know someone that is decent at IT and is close by. 

DW

me5269:
I also use malwarebytes. I also periodically run a free program, adwcleaner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version