Author Topic: Early XMAS Present  (Read 2179 times)

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
Early XMAS Present
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:07:49 pm »
Santa (me)  gave me a early xmas  present.   I  went to my local Woodcraft store  and  bought a foot switch for my 40-695 Delta scroll saw.  They  are  having  a sale all  December. I  think I  paid $19.00 for it.    I  got  to play with it last  night on a project I need to get done,  and I  really  Love it.   Since I  only have one hand to saw with this really  helps on start-up's so far.   I  have  experienced lots of chatter  sometimes  when I turned my saw on because I can't hold the wood and turn on the power switch at the same time. This caused some ugly cuts.     I  think  that is all behind me now.    Thanks Santa!!   Now  for  some warmer  weather so I can play in my unheated garage.... brrr!!
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Early XMAS Present
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:08:41 pm »
You will love having a foot switch ("dead pedal") it makes things so much easier and convenient that I am surprised that saw manufacturers don't include them with the saw. Or at least make them as a accessory like the lights and stands.

Rog 
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »
I enquired about a foot switch from the tool store where I got my EX21 from, they quoted me ?85 for it so I said no thanks. I wonder if the one you got would work on our 250v systems?
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

countryscroller

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »
I got mine from HF for pretty cheap. It is really convenient.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:12:24 pm »
I enquired about a foot switch from the tool store where I got my EX21 from, they quoted me ?85 for it so I said no thanks. I wonder if the one you got would work on our 250v systems?

I'm not sure about the 250v systems but, in the US, we use 110v and I bought mine for around $30.00.
You might try shopping around at different stores. Sometimes speciality shops get a bit more money for things.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi