Author Topic: Dewalt arm lift  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Woodworker08

• View Profile
Dewalt arm lift
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:49:29 am »
My Dewalt 788 arm won't lift all the way up. Not every time, but getting worse. Any wisdom out there on this?

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: Dewalt arm lift
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:43:29 am »
Mine occassionally does the same thing.  I just hit the on/off switch and then it will work.

Offline WynnD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:54:19 am »
Just a hunch since I had the same problem. I found that one of the nuts holding the motor way back in the back had come loose and was binding on occasion when I tried to lift the arm. Found all the nuts back there needed tightening. Look at the video from Gwennete wood workers on how to disassemble the thing. Takes about 20 minutes and some torque screw removers and some nerve but it is easy in retrospect. 

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 02:20:17 pm »
All of my saws have done that at one time or another....both the Dewalts and the Excaliburs.  The Dewalt repair place said that if it stops at just the exact wrong spot, it won't lift and you just have to tension it back up, turn it on and off quickly, as a previous post said.  Nothing needed fixing, it's just that at that exact spot, for some reason it can't fully lift.  Just another quirk to work around.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Woodworker08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:14 am »
Thanks to you all.

SMF

Teknoromi