Author Topic: Used overhead projector  (Read 2048 times)

dirts

Used overhead projector
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:37:44 am »
I decorated our beekeeper clubs float by putting free patterns from the National Honey Board  on plywood.  I then cut them out with a jig saw and painted them.  I put the patterns on clear plastic sheets and then put those onto the overhead projector and put them on the plywood.  I stood to one side and traced the image viewed on the wood.  I did 5 of them and they were approximately five feet tall.  I cut out the queen bee, worker, gatherer etc.  Each year the local florist freely lends us flowers to adorn the float plus hives and members wearing bee suits.
P.S. I lent that overhead projector to my son and never got it back.  I bought it at a school auction for $5.00.  Suggestions is that if you lend people books or items you want returned mark them with an address label and then record in a notebook when and where. 

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
Re: Used overhead projector
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:38:03 am »
I also enlarge images with an overhead projector like yours.  I did see one at Hobby Lobby  a few years ago that would project an  image on paper, not just on the clear film for $40.  I have used mine to make a mural in my workshop and to make yard art and signs.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

ShadowB6

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 11:46:33 am »
Yanked my perfectly working projector out of the garbage at the hospital where I work. What a great tool. I have a large storage space on the 2nd floor of my workshop where I've set it up. Only problem is that my upper floor is not heated so in the winter I don't use it much.

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »
I used an overhead a couple if times for wall paintings, that really works fine.

SMF

Teknoromi