Author Topic: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !  (Read 13374 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2011, 08:16:19 am »
Kepy, Neither wind nor rain nor hail nor dark of night will keep them from their appointed rounds.  Or something like that.  Make sure they know you need them today.  How have you been?  What did you decide to do about your surgury? 

supershingler

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 08:33:01 am »
Well out weather is going to warm up for a couple of days before next weeks single digit highs again.  It is all the way up to 6 above when i came to work but the wind is blowing.

there is 200 or more vehicles stranded on Interstate 29 right now in a whiteout due to high winds and drifting snow.  wind gusts up to 60 mph.  some of these people have been stranded since last night at 10 oclock.  i hope this doesnt cost any people their lives but they wont last long in a car if it runs out of gas.

ill keep every posted.  and i pray that this storm passes quickly for everyone with minamal effects.  mother nature has a cruel sense of humor some times

kendall

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2011, 08:36:17 am »
Kendall,  Glad you made it to work safe this morning.  Hope they get it all cleared up soon.

cameronj

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2011, 09:54:18 am »
It's been great to be able to keep up with how this storm has affected you all in different parts of the US.  Glad everyone is safe and recovering today.
Jim

marmoh

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2011, 10:36:32 am »
GB..The south for me is about 40 miles north of the MS Gulf Coast....I did my share of duty in the cold northern weather when I was a child ( too many years ago )  We lived in Montana for 8 years, so I think I did my part !!!!

Dawie

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »
Have been out all day, had to check on how things are your end before I hit the sack. Glad to see that you are ok, cold but ok. Pray our Aussie friends will all be ok too.
David

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 08:44:18 am »
Julie, got my inhalers yesterday so am good to go for a while.  My diet may get interesting as can't get out to go to the store.  Roads are only good for 4 wheel drive and no warm up in sight with snow forecast for 4 of the next 5 days.  At least we haven't lost power which is a blessing.  My surgery is on hold as was supposed to have a CT scan in Jan but had to cancel due to weather and has been rescheduled for the 15th.  I told everyone that I couldn't have the cat scan as the cat died.LOL

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:00 am »
Glad to hear you are pursuing it all.  Glad you got your inhailers.  Hope the weather cooperates so you can get it all taken care of.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 11:53:55 am »
Glad you have not lost your 'sense of humor'!

Still praying!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »
    More snow this weekend. Temps are dropping near 0 tonight. I can't wait until spring gets here! Dave 8)

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 12:44:51 pm »
Dave...how long to retirement?

Then you can laugh at the weather!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2011, 01:24:21 pm »
     The last day of June. I hate to wish my life away, but it can't get here soon enough! I can take my vacation time in days, if I want. So I've been taking Fridays off. I get 20 vacation days and 3 P-Days. got to use them or lose them. Plus the Comp time that I get, being called in. They do have to pay me for that, Fed Law. Also, the last time I called in sick was 25 yrs ago. So I have built up 6 months in paid sick time, if I want to use it. Doesn't seem like 30 yrs have came and went so quickly. Dave 8)

Dawie

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »
Kepy you might have to invent new recipes, maybe you can share some of your new inventions with us later. Glad to hear you got your med and as GB said you still have your sense of humor.
To all of you there good luck with the weather.
Our airport has been down due to the wind forcr here, that will be Schiphol, but we don't have it half as bad as our Aussie friends and some of you. Thanks for keping us posted.
David

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »
Dave...do they have to pay for the accum. Sick Leave?
Nice Bonus if they do!

Just be careful til June, buddy!

~~~GB~~~

Rightarm

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »
    No. You have to use it. They use too. But they changed all that. If you don't miss. You get a bonus at the end of the year. So far the state hasn't touch our pension. I'm on PERF, (Public Employee Retirement Fund). That is broken down into different groups, (Teachers, Judges, Police), etc. The Govenor got his fingers on the Teachers Fund, and damb near wiped it out. He's set his sights on the Police and Firefighters. So far we haven't allowed him to get his hands on it. Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi