Author Topic: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !  (Read 13156 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
As Always, Dave..."Be Careful Out There!"

Will say one for you and the crews!

Ed
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 01:50:41 pm »
    Just went to the store. Got what I could. Almost out of everything. The side streets are nothing but ice! The store is about a mile from where we live, and it took about a half hour to get there and back. I dont ever remember this much ice. Dave 8)

Dawie

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »
Glad you made it back safe Dave. To all of you keep safe tonight, I am off to bed, keep you in my prayers will check on you in the morning again. Keep warm.
David

Muzzlemike

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 08:34:21 pm »
I can remember back in 1999 I lived in West Terre Haute  that winter was nasty . We are getting light snow right now in Western Pa . I open the garage door had to go and brake the ice off of the out side of it . I never had to do that before . The wind gets a little gusty but nothing to bad I think what this area is getting is just coming off of Lake Erie .

Mike

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 08:52:29 pm »
Snow and Ice blanket over the area and Bitter cold tonight ...

BUT power outages are at a minimum and I am warm and toasty and chatting with friends!

All is WELL!

Thank You all for your concerns and nice comments over the last 24 hours!

~~~GRAYBEARD~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »
I second what GB said!

Gonna git cold here tonight -20 wind chill! The county told my sons HS to stay closed tomorrow because it is a commuter school and roads are still going to be bad with the wind  and all. Our community college is not opening until noon tomorrow so my son who goes there will only have one class until further notice.

We got dug out then the snow plows filled it back in twice! :(

The kids are digging tunnels and caves, having a blast! :)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:25 pm »
It makes me feel all warm inside to know you are all safe tonight. The forum has become so much a family and so very close that it is amazing sometimes. I read each and every post as a letter telling about each and every members lives from day to day. That being said I am so glad to hear you are all safe, warm and sound tonight and may God keep each and everyone that way.

Untill tomorrow,

Russ
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 10:32:38 pm »
Very nicely said, Russ!

That is exactly why I tend to give out "TMI" at times but I feel you all are my family and I want to keep you informed.

HUGZZZZZZZ to Every One of you!

GrayBeard

marmoh

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 11:43:17 pm »
I know to most of you,this will sound like I am a wimp, but >>>we are getting sleet right now !!!!  This is the south for goodness sake !!! 

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 12:18:50 am »
Where in the "South" are you ???

I have experienced sleet storms in Dallas and freezing rain in Atlanta...

What makes you exempt?

The rest of us are SHARING folks!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Dawie

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 01:02:37 am »
As I just got up this end, I had to check on my forum family first. As I see the weather out there is bad, but you guys are at least safe. I'm off to the community centre in about an hour, so will only check in again later this afternoon. Have a safe day all of you.
David

tux_linux

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 05:12:02 am »

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:59 am »
Well, we're not exempt in Texas.  My son was snowed in East of Dallas yesterday and we are expecting snow today in the Austin area.  Wind chill was -5 yesterday and about that this morning.  They say if you don't like the weather in Texas - stick around for 5 minutes.  It will be 70 degrees for the super bowl!

Mainewoods

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:49 am »
Nothing but snow here in coastal Maine.  Had some good wind and some drifting, but nothing that was too tough to handle.  Sawdust Dave, how'd you fair up there in Jefferson?

Glad everyone's okay here, let's hope our Aussie friends come out okay too!

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:31 am »
One thing for small town living.  My post office called yesterday as my inhalers had come in and they wanted to know if I was OK for a couple of days.  Hopefully they will get delivered today as I have been on half dosage to make it last and ran out last night.

SMF

Teknoromi