Author Topic: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !  (Read 12622 times)

boxmaker

Re: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! !
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:14 am »
Glad to see you are still on line GB, Be careful. We are just getting the first snowflakes from the first little storm. The big one is supposed to start tomorrow morning, the weatherman says 18"+ plus or 12" to 18" depending on  where you are.

Mark

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: "WEATHER ALERT" ! ! ! - UpDate...
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:09 am »
Latest from NOAA Weather Section....

Today...Tuesday
Windy...snow...isolated thunderstorms and sleet in the morning...then snow and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Blowing and drifting snow with visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the afternoon. Snow heavy at times in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 9 to 13 inches. High in the mid 20s. North wind 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the morning increasing to northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Tonight...Windy...snow. Blowing and drifting snow with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Snow heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 5 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulation 14 to 19 inches. Low around 15. North wind 25 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Wednesday...Very cold. Windy. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Blowing and drifting snow. High around 19. Temperature falling through the teens in the afternoon. Northwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the morning decreasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night...Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy early in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Chance of flurries. Low around 4 below. Lowest wind chill readings of around 16 below late. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday...Bitterly cold. Mostly sunny. High around 15. Lowest wind chill readings of around 17 below early in the morning. Light wind.

Thursday Night...Bitterly cold. Clear. Low around zero.

Friday...Bitterly cold. Mostly sunny. High in the mid 20s.

GrayBeard

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 10:58:44 am »
to everyone out there: hang in there, and good luck.
Hope and pray you will have no real problems!!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Sawdust Dave

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 11:02:49 am »
I'm glad we are only getting snow this time. I got the generator ready just in case power goes out. They are saying up to 20" of snow today and tomorrow combined.
Stay safe and keep warm everyone!!

cherie

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 11:03:14 am »
We now have ice!!!

Muzzlemike

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 12:20:24 pm »
Hang in there and be safe .

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 01:16:23 pm »
Missouri Dept. of Transportation has been telling everyone to get where they have to be by NOON and be prepared to stay there!

Large motion picture chain just announced they are closing all their theaters.
The "Blues" Hockey team is now determining if they are going to cancel tonight's game...Won't be anyone there to watch so why play and take chances?

Busses and light rail will operate on delayed schedules until told to shut down by either the Emergency Management division or the weather.

Some Nat'l Guard troops have been deployed and are standing by in area hotels to help where needed, mostly rescuing the elderly who may lose power.

Sitting here going thru my lessons to learn "Gimp" so I can make patterns from my own photos and ideas!
Don't worry Paul...long learning curve!!!

GrayBeard

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

pauley555

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 01:39:29 pm »
stay safe and warm,regards paul

Mainewoods

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 03:32:44 pm »
So GB, as long as you don't lose power, and are stuck at home, by the time this storm is over, we should be expecting some high quality patterns from you, right? ;)

Stay safe and hopefully nobody loses anything more than time with this storm!

Dawie

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 03:56:40 pm »
I am off to bed at this end. Hope to find you all well in the morning and as Mainewood said with nothing more lost than time. I'll check in with you guys in the morning.
David

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »
Illinois called out the National Guard to state wide posts to be ready to help as needed.

It started here in Chicago at about 2:30 PM. Snow is coming down and blowing. Still predicting 20-24" My sons private HS closed early today. Our community college shut down early and canceled for tomorrow already.

Hang in there everyone!

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 04:28:35 pm »
Missouri University has already canceled classes for Wed.!!!

Unprecedented to have a major Univ. to cancel classes two days in a row!

GrayBeard

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 04:39:19 pm »
Right now is the time I really love living in Florida. I hope everyone in this storms path stays safe and warm.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:58 pm »
Think the snow is finally tapering off.  We have around 15" with blowing to make some good drifts.  I44 is closed between here and Tulsa.  Sure won't be going anywhere for a while as is supposed to get up to 11 degrees tomorrow and down to -11 tomorrow night.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 06:43:36 pm »
Interstate 70 has been officially CLOSED from St. Louis to Kansas City!

Blowing sleet/snow and I cannot see the parking lot lights on the High School lot less than 1/3 mile away.

Going to be a LOOOOONG NIGHT and interesting day tomorrow!

So far, safe, powered and warm!

GrayBeard

SMF

Teknoromi