Author Topic: Looking for a special pattern.  (Read 3881 times)

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Looking for a special pattern.
« on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:17 pm »
Well I guess it is not special. It is not even good. But to survive as an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic for 56 years needs to be recognized. My wonderful wife was diagnosed when she was just 3 years old. She has learned and lives by the rule, " you control your diabetes or it controls you". I want to cut something very special for her. She works so hard at management and is an inspiration to others. I do know things could go haywire tomorrow morning so it is important that I get to work. Some things I would like to see could and I say (could include) you may know other things that would be suitable.
             the type1 diabetic ribbon
            The name Fredrick Banting
             An old type glass insulin needle
              A modern pump (animas) is the name of her pump.
               Our marriage date was 27/04/74
              A cross, because she has a deep faith
              The faces of two children, a boy and a girl. We had two children, we lost our girl as still born, she never got over that and our son is now 36. 19/09/74 under the girl and 21/05/77 under the boy.
               A heart with I love you of some sort or a heart with an arrow maybe with our marriage date , because she is my world. Any of you creating designers out there up to the challenge. By the way her name is Maryanna. But her initials are MAJD.. I am thinking that all of these life events would be intermingled, a person would need to study the piece to see all the info. Boy I am good at coming up with a plan but not a clue as to how to bring it together. I know this is a very tall order and I want to thank anyone who is brave enough to give it a shot. If you have ideas please share. Clyde

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:53:19 pm by cdrover(Clyde) »
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline danpage1

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a special pattern.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »
Kind of off the topic but I can relate to the diabetic issue as my father had it. I do a bicycle ride every year for the American Diabetes Association with a friend of mine that was diagnosed with it when he was 8 years old. The ride is the 21st in Indianapolis and I have been to busy with work and scrolling that I haven't rode hardly any this year so could be fun trying to finish it LOL. Hope someone can find a pattern for you.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »
It is a terrible disease to say the least. Just a note to pattern makers, I listed out a ton of things that I thought would or could be included. This is my wish list. I do not expect anyone to attempt to include all of these suggestions. Maybe a common theme to show her just how much she has accomplished in her life. To survive to be sixty when her life expectancy at time of diagnosis was less than ten years says a lot about the person she is. Thanks again.
Clyde

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
Hi Clyde , she is a strong woman and God willing all will be well :-) My wife is also Diabetic ,so I can also understand the things she under goes. I have made a start on one of your requests , I hope you like it . I am still learning so kindly bear if it does not suit your request. I am sure the wonderful pattern makers in our community here will respond with their creations and I will also hunt for more inspirations.
Thanks
mahendra
mahendra

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »
My intent was to create a piece that reflected her life. I am just a part of that. Size wise, I don't really care how big the story board would be. Thanks Tomsunnu, this could be a part of the puzzle.  Just thinking that if several patterns or partial patterns are created I may be able to cut and paste them into one larger pattern. This could be a first, having several artists contribute to one pattern.  Thanks for your input.
Clyde

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Hi Clyde ,
Our old friend Don Rob made this pattern for you . I hope you like it.

Mahendra
mahendra

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:28 am »
That is a lot of work Don, thanks for your input. It just needs a few modifications and I think I will have just what I wanted. Could you replace the MAJD with a cross or a small church (to show her faith) and swap Fredrick Banting and the Cure Diabetes. so that cure diabetes is on the lower side. "Frederick" can be removed so it is just "Banting" and Banting could be a smaller font, cure diabetes could be a larger font.  I like your inclusion of the Newfoundland dog, thanks so much. It looks so good that I see a tattoo in the future. Thanks Mahendra and Don for your help.
Clyde

Offline Donrob

• View Profile
    • Old Crow Scrollwerks
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »
Hi Clyde, Here it is with revisions. If you need other changes, holler
DonR
CUSTOM DESIGNED SCROLL SAW PATTERNS
www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »
Don, that is better than I could have ever imagined. I will study it some more to be sure, but I am very pleased with your rendition.thanks
Clyde

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 05:56:26 pm »
Nice one Don, thanks for dropping by....
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 09:46:46 pm »
Don , very nice pattern and 'Yes' Welcome back!!:-)
Mahendra
mahendra

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 10:53:18 am »
First....Very Happy to read and see another of your Wonderful Designs Don....Missed you....
       This is a Great Post for the Asking of needed expertise design talent that is present here. 
         I have enjoyed reading all and look forward to more down the road..........................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline BuLLdoGG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 02:22:39 pm »
Very nice patters guys
Spread the wealth

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:55 pm »
I have studied the pattern for a number of days now and I just realized that you did include a cross in the original pattern but I failed to see it. It is the main structure of the design with the ribbon draped over it. That is so appropriate, Thanks. There are a few things I would like to try. Can you add 57 where the dog is located and can we replace the syringe with a lancette device or a finger being pricked. She checks her sugar about 8 times a day. The picture on the  attachment is close to the one she uses.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:56:57 pm by cdrover(Clyde) »
Clyde

Offline Donrob

• View Profile
    • Old Crow Scrollwerks
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 06:59:21 pm »
Here it is, Clyde.
Don R
CUSTOM DESIGNED SCROLL SAW PATTERNS
www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com

SMF

Teknoromi