Author Topic: Great place for Hardwood  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
Great place for Hardwood
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:18:53 am »
I found a great place in North Carolina to get hardwood. I have been looking at this place on-line for a few weeks so i decided to give them a try. The place is Steve Wall Lumber in Mayodan, NC. They ship hardwood all over. I took the 1hour drive up there Saturday and it was well worth the drive. For $150 I came back with a full truck load of hardwood; everything from Ash to Walnut and everything in between. When I say a truck load - I could not fit anymore in the bed of the truck. They have a lot of discounted bundles ranging from $5-10 in thins.
I went up to buy a bundle of shorts in walnut and a couple of pieces  of exotic for some intarsia work that I'm doing. I did remember to buy these items which was included in the 150 I spent.
If anyone one in NC is looking for a good  Hardwood supplier - they drive is worth every penny.
I have got enough lumber to last through as least early next year.
Thanks
Brian 

pddesertrat

Re: Great place for Hardwood
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:19 am »
I've never ordered from them but have them in my bookmarks.  Did you get to see the nice truck that is shown on their website?  Glad to know it is a  good place.  I may get a chance to place an order.

Rover2

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:04:47 pm »
Nice find Brian!  Thanks for the tip and I will be checking them out soon.  Enjoy that lumber  ;D ;D :)

Al

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:50:30 am »
I go to Wall Lumber about twice a year.  I live north of there in Virginia.  It is a really nice place.  If you are close enough by it is worth a visit.  Steve Wall is a great guy and all the people I have met there are very helpful.  It is one or two old brick warehouses, they may have once been textile warehouses given the location, and they are loaded with all varieties of wood.  A fun trip and a honest company to deal with.

Barry

SMF

Teknoromi