Author Topic: "Bubbles"  (Read 2150 times)

HWPlmbr1

"Bubbles"
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:59:15 pm »
Wow! with "bubbles" I mean MrsN going blonde, with a pole and some unknown wood and an inner eighth grade mentality....

Dan, I have visualizations now too!!

I gotta cover my eyes...! It doesn't work...! HELP!! ;)

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: "Bubbles"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »
lol...
I teach middle school woodshop and high school woodshop. the 8th graders are cute when we have to talk about the different types of wood (hardwoods and softwoods) they snicker and think I don't get it. The highschool kids just laugh out loud everytime. My favorite thing to do is to act all innocent and say "I don't get it, will you explain why you are laughing" It will make a high school kid turn about 18 shades of red. I went to college to get my degree in technoloy education, with 40 guys and me, so I have had my share of jokes.

Have a great weekend

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:12 pm »
MrsN, I don't remember any of my teachers looking near as good as you! If I had I might not have graduated!  ;D

I think I might be willing to go back for some remedial classes!  ;)

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:37:23 pm »
lol, thanks.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
LOL, somebody needs to take a cold shower and cool off.  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:22 pm »
I never saw a 'shop' teacher that looked so nice!

Most were 'crabby ol' geezers' back in the 'old' days!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »
Reminds me of a story about my son's shop teacher.
Went to 'parents' night' and was the last one to meet with his shop teacher.
When I introduced myself he said, "I am glad you came in...we need to talk!"
I asked if Keith was a problem and he said, "NO. YOU are!"
Surprised I said, "And why is that?"
He replied, "How can I teach them respect for electricity when you keep showing Keith how to wire things when they are HOT and he shows his buddies in the class?"

Had to break an old habit!!!!

~~~GB~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »
lol. So you are one of those guys, GB.
kids like that can be some of the best and worst to teach. They are great because they want to do things and they usually take pride in what they make so it is good quality. But un-teaching some bad habits can be tough, and there is almost no way I can convince a 16 year-old that his dad or grandpa has been doing it wrong. I usually stick to "my shop, my rules" :)
I started teachin 4 years ago, and every year the program gets a little bigger. This year I actually had kids I had to turn away because I didn't have room.  What do you think guys, I'm a great teacher, right...lol

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »
Hey,  if the original installing electrician doesn't mark the circuits I'll be darned if I am going to flip every breaker until I find the right one!
Been 'zapped' a few times but still doing it!

BUT I did teach my kids the Right Way also!

We should be teaching more and more of the 'shop' type things and NOT just to the boys and the BOYS should be REQUIRED to learn to cook! and clean and iron and etc!!!!

~~~GB~~~

Want me on your 'school board', Marion???

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:49 pm »
Being a plumber I know water and electricity don't mix! But I have done my share of food waste disposers, dish washers and pumps and such to have a healthy respect for not wanting to get a zap.

Worst was in a boiler room on a aluminum ladder with two steel pipe wrenches working over head. Every time I got into it (pushing and pulling) I kept getting zapped! :o I finally looked around and I was leaning into an electric box with bare wires twisted together with no wire nuts on them. I had burn marks on my sweated up shirt and a few blisters on my side! :o

I do my best to make sure the power is off before I touch a wire!

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:37 am »
The power will be off before I touch a wire to, plus I test to make sure. If in doubt pull the Main. A little inconvenience ( reset clocks/electronics etc ) is not worth a life. Had a friend killed messing with hot wires. His kids have grown up without a father, me without a friend.  :(  :(  :(
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline lwsjc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 12:44:03 pm »
Yes,Mrsn, if they are wanting to take your class, I would say you are a good teacher.

Larry

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 01:04:12 pm »
I only took 1 shop class in high school.  Turned out we had a difference in philosophy.  They wanted everything done manually (especially sanding), while I feel anything worth doing will involve a motor somehow. ::)
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 01:15:59 pm »
Right On, Bill....
If God wanted us to do things by hand He would not have given us ELECTRICITY!!!!
Or HAMMERS!

~~~GB~~~

Chachi

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 01:48:59 pm »
What school do you teach at MrsN I want to go back and take my 8th grade woodshop class all over again.... lol

SMF

Teknoromi