Author Topic: I gots a Problem....Help....  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
I gots a Problem....Help....
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:03:54 pm »
Yesterday for no reason this window pops up.  Right in the middle of doing something.  MICROSOFT WINDOW (flashing at the bottom) (orange)
The window says INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING  and below it gives me a choice....Check online for solution or Close program.  I have clicked on both and close program gets rid of it, but I will pop back up randomly.  Help....  Danny  :+(

Danny  :+}

tux_linux

Re: I gots a Problem....Help....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »
update your Flashplayer - most times it's one of the plugins.

http://get.adobe.com/en/flashplayer/

regards
Torsten

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »
Torsten I basically clicked the Install for Adobe Flash Player.  This procedure did not work for me.  That window still pops up.  Help again....  Danny   :+(

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:46:34 pm »
Could easily be malware of some sort.  I would suggest downloading and running malwarebytes.  It is free and can solve a lot of problems introduced by malware.

If the message truly comes from Microsoft, you could also download the latest version of Internet Exploader and install that, but I wouldn't recommend using it as your browser.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:51:36 am »
the dialog Dan mentioned is a basic dialog from the OS. Searching online should direct him right to microsoft.com.
I'd also suggest to use ccleaner - a smart program deleting the temporary data.

Do you use IE as a browser? try Firefox or Chrome instead. These are running faster and are pretty handsome.

regards
Torsten

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:23:31 pm »
Cover the message with DUCT TAPE!!!  ;D

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
Hey All that are trying to help me with my problem.  Update....
I noticed that EVERY TIME I click on the 'X' to get out of a program that darn box pops up and all I can do is click on CLOSE THE PROGRAM or Get help via the web.  The web thing does not do ANYTHING.  When I click close the program it DOES close for a MOMENT, and opens with a statement at the top saying IE REOPENED THE PROGRAM for some ???? reason.  Help?  Danny :+(

Offline kimb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:46 pm »
Have you updated to IE 9 yet? I don't use IE much but when I had IE 8 it started doing the same thing yours is. I updated to IE 9 the other day and it works good now. You can go to windows update to get IE 9. I have tried all of the browsers and I like Opera the best. The newest version is just as fast as Firefox and I just like the way it works better.

Kim

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:48 pm »
MALWARE!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

shutterbugdm

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »
Danny, have you tried MOZILLA in place of IE? It has fewer problems than IE, easier to use, more secure, and free to download. Mozilla is the only thing I use now on recommendation from my son-in-law (college IT at USF).

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 12:15:53 pm »
Well Shutterbugdm....I took your advice and installed MOZILLA and I tell you things are very different, but so far everything is FAST.  I followed all the promps one being to keep IE stuff like home page, passwords etc. which I did.  Well I use Yahoo for emails and whatever I did it wiped out all my FAVORITES LIST.  Can you shed any light on the mishap????  There is other minor differences on my homepage also.  So I wud still look forward to some Help....  :+(    Danny  :+}

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »
Danny,

I think your computer has a serious problem so leaving it that way and "just installing mozilla" is only a d-tour but solves not your problem. you have to get the problem gone.

I googled on: "INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING" and found some Microsoft sites.

examples: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/internet-explorer-has-stopped-working/b3e2842c-5259-4508-8053-d01e69b116a1
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistaie/thread/f2b45170-8c91-45f3-8860-1fe838f60cdb

in a quick look I see answers for windows7, vista, or IE 8 or IE9
so maybe you should google yourself a bit.

my advise: you use Microsoft products, so go to the Microsoft sites for solutions. be careful  with other sites and downloading programs with a solution for the problem from not Microsoft sites. before you know you have (more) male ware or other bad program's.

personally I like the thechnet.Microsoft sites the best.

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

marmoh

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 07:02:52 pm »
Danny when you install Firefox it does not up load your favorites ... you now re-put them in bookmarks....the home page will be different than your last one but it won't take you long to get used to it ....

mainepctech

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 08:47:58 am »
internet Explorer issues can be a pain. One thing to try is
click on tools or the gear upper right hand of screen
click on internet properties
click on advanced tab (far right of box)
click on reset (lower right)
Resetting explorer sometimes will fix IE file corruption.

SMF

Teknoromi