Author Topic: Pop-ups  (Read 2032 times)

ChuckD

Pop-ups
« on: December 20, 2012, 03:38:23 pm »
I have FireFox and suddently I am getting a ton of pop-ups (must be the season).  I thought I had a blocker but I am wrong.  Any ideas?
TIA

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:05:56 pm »
Chuck, FF has a pop-up blocker - under Tools/Options/Content - make sure it is enabled.  Someone may have found a way around the blocker.

Make sure your FF is up to date but other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Let us know what you find out.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:40:47 pm »
That my friend, is why I dropped and uninstalled FF and am now running Google CHROME browser!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline skip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:54:08 pm »
search    NO MORE ADS    free download   i have it  no ads any where

ChuckD

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:06:00 pm »
That my friend, is why I dropped and uninstalled FF and am now running Google CHROME browser!

~~~GB~~~

Thanks GB, it takes me a long time to learn anything new on computers so a new browser would drive me up a wall.  You have heard the story of ID ten Tea.

jimmyb

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:53:02 pm »
I make sure and install Malwarebytes on all my clients computers. Download the free version:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

and run it once a week. It will take care of all that adware / pop ups you are experiencing. Just be sure and run the update before you run the Quick Scan each week.

SMF

Teknoromi