Author Topic: Not Computer, but Close.... Need Advice.... :+}  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Not Computer, but Close.... Need Advice.... :+}
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
Have 42" T.V.  Not the best, but pretty good one.  Subscribe to a Cable Co..  They installed their Cable Box as I call it.  T.V. and Box have their own Remotes.  Question.

Do you.... using the remotes turn off what you see AT the cable box or use the remote to turn off the T.V. ? 

My concern is we have turned off the Cable Box....BUT....Of course there isn't any picture on the T.V.....BUT.... the T.V. shows a very dim glow.  Like a Led light.

Anyway....  in Conclusion....  Turn off T.V. or Cable Box ....FIRST....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Becky

Re: Not Computer, but Close.... Need Advice.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »
I turn off the tv and just leave the cable box on.  But my cable box is also a DVR so I don't want to turn it off or it defeats the purpose.  I would assume the tv draws a lot more electricity than the box so I would (and do) always turn the tv off when I am done watching.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:50 pm »
With AT&T Uverse we can program the Uverse remote to turn off both.
Check with your cable provider....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:42:37 am »
Thanks Becky for you Post....  GB I did call my cable provider and they were very helpful in helping me program the two remotes that came with the cable box.  Now
I click one button and the box and TV shut off.  Yea!  Boy I just LOVE being a part
of this FORUM.  Not only for Scrolling, but I think FOR almost ANYTHING.  Danny :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:14 am »
Hey Danny, I can give marital advice as I have been married three times!
Dan In Southern California

king310

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »
I don't know why you would ask us old folks. If you want tech support ask the kids or 1-800-kal-india

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »
Becky, on the DVR, if you have it set to record something, it will turn itself on at the correct time to make the recording. You can turn it off.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

SMF

Teknoromi