Author Topic: New toolbar  (Read 1959 times)

ChuckD

New toolbar
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »
I now have a new toolbar called "SNAP.do"  I didn't request it and I don't know where it cam from.  It is full of junk and ads.  Includes Facebook, radio stations, etc.  I go to View and delete it from there and the next new screen it is back.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: New toolbar
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:38:51 pm »
You 'clicked' on the wrong thing somewhere!

What browser are you using?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

ChuckD

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:56 pm »
Firefox

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:14 pm »
Chuck, I think you have a problem.  It seems to be a hard to cleanup type of problem.  I did a Google search and didn't find anything from a recognized virus/trojan prevention site on how to remove it.  I did find forums that had links to sites that claim to remove the toolbar.  Reading further down the page there were warnings not to visit the sites referred to.

You might have some luck going to sites like Mcafee, AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, etc., etc. to see if they have any info on this particular malware.

Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Jim

Chuck, I did some checking. Malwarebytes has some information on your problem as does Norton (Symantec).  At MB I did a search for Snap.do and found someone had removed it using their instructions.  At Norton I did a search in Support.

Note that both sites say "Don't follow these instructions yourself, they are only for the person who requested help".  I take that to mean that you should open your own support request in the site so they can tailor the instructions to your problem.

Jim
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:14:33 pm by jscott2 »
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

tdub4ever

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:38:10 pm »

ChuckD

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »
I went to that site and ran the scan and found I had 6000 more problems and it would cost money to fix them all.  Thanks anyway

ChuckD

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »
OK, now I feel stupid.  After fighting this for a good while I went to remove programs in control panel and there it was (wasn't looking for it at the time).  Removed and no longer a pest.  Still don't know where it came from but it is gone...  Thanks for all your help..:):)

king310

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:03 pm »
If you want to get the toolbar off go to control panel then select programs then select uninstall program then find the toolbar and uninstall it. it should take it out.

ChuckD

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:37:36 pm »
You know that sounds familar but I bet it will work.  :):):):):)

rfarmer

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:01 pm »

SMF

Teknoromi