Author Topic: Internet Explorer....  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Internet Explorer....
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »
Like I mentioned in a earlier post we had to buy another PC.  Well it came loaded with everything.  Internet Explorer is installed.  I remember we had another discussion about this back yonder.  Our other PC before it crapped out had what came as reccomented to me....FIREFOX....  Don't remember any problems.  Can you peoples give me the PROS and CONS of un-installing Internet Explorer and installing another program.  Thanks in Advance....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Explorer....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »
You can leave IE and just not use it...it must be used if you are downloading updates and things from MS.

However, download and install FireFox or Google Chrome for your use as a primary browser.
In my opinion Chrome is the better of the two for non-techie folks.

Opera is also very good but just a tad more difficult in setting it up and getting it to perform the way YOU want to.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »
I have IE9 and I like it better than Chrome which I have loaded too. 

I don't see any difference in speed.

I like the way the tool bars work and the way the favorites and favorites bar work in IE9. I have a the Google tool bar too.

It is just a personal preference.

Don

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
Well from trial and other wise I downloaded the Google Crome and after trying to learn how to get around I just got to the point that Crome is just not up my alley.

Have a request question tho....  Saving log in and passwords.  Example logging into YAHOO.  Using the IE at first when I logged in using my info there was a window that popped up at the bottom asking to save the settings.  Mine is still in and working fine....but....I just CANNOT get my wifes info in to save.  Help????
           Wished our OLD PC didn't quit.  All was just fine n dandy, but we had FIREFOX installed.  Tks fer z help to all....  Danny  :+)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:46:50 pm »
Just a FINAL post on this subject....  Firefox is back on this new pc and right from the start EVERYTHING started working (so far) Perfect.  I'm a believer now.  Danny  :+)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »
 I keep getting Pop ups for IE 8, does anyone have this, or know anything about it before I look into it, is it good or bad.  Edward

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:34:52 am »
If you have been using IE and do not want to try any other browser, yes, you can update to IE8 and you will feel comfortable. You should have no problems with everything 'migrating' from your older version.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi