Author Topic: Selling at Shows  (Read 1308 times)

Offline gap15102

• You should see what I saw.
    • View Profile
Selling at Shows
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:05:20 pm »
After not selling any beer totes for $35, I made a stack of eight and priced them in bold print at $35.00.    Sold six.  Having a stack of them created interest and sales.  If something doesn't sell, make more an/or raise the price!

Offline gap15102

• View Profile
Re: Selling at Shows
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:13:53 am »
Was just thinking about my show yesterday, which was a great success!

I engaged a customer and spoke about a customer that came to my booth a few years ago.  The prior customer was very plain in his dress and kept to herself.  I was very polite and showed her a few things in my booth.  I then stepped away and let her shop.  She looked at one of my higher end crafts $40.00  She thanked me and left.  I thanked her for stopping. An hour later she appeared and purchased the $40.00 item.  She looked like she didn't have the money to even buy it.  If I would have ignored her, I would have  been rude as well as missed the sale.  Moral:  Never prejudge anyone.  It is just wrong in many ways.

I conveyed this story to a customer yesterday.  My friend was at the show and new the customer.  The customer owned a very large well known company.  Second Moral:  Same as the first.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:12:36 am »
Do unto  others...........  Always works.

Curious, what was the type of wood and finish on the beer tote in your picture?  That should have been an eye catcher!

Regards >> GLC from Cypress, Texas

Offline gap15102

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:33:16 am »
Spalted maple.   Yes, it got noticed!

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »
I worked in sales for almost 30 years, always high end, like automobiles, motorhomes, etc. I learned early on never to judge a customer by their dress. In 1984 we had one gentleman come in that was wearing old stained & torn bluejeans, a denim shirt that had seen better days, scruffy boots, and an old army hat. Everyone else ignored him, I started talking to him just passing the time of day. He finally said "I want to buy that truck". That truck was the most expensive on the lot - in those days it was $15,000 or so now it would be in the range of $60,000 or more. Turned out this fella was a fisherman who just got into town and had $20,000 cash to buy a vehicle in an old paperbag he was carrying. Yes, he bought the vehicle, and everyone in the store learned a valuable lesson.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

SMF

Teknoromi